Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
I had a group of three but no luck. I'm in denial; I always get a ticket! Surely there will be another sale... Right??

Nah honestly I was contemplating not going this year and this made things way easier. I may go to check out downtown poo poo for a day or two but at least I won't miss work like I do every year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
Anybody here an exhibitor looking for help? I'm usually a motorcycle mechanic but I can hawk T-shirts or help set up anything. I'm a hard worker! I've been to Comic-Con for the last five years, but it was my and my ex's "thing" and we broke up a bit ago so I was just "wahhh I don't want to go ever again" and let everything go. Now I'm feeling better and want to go and all opportunities have passed. I did sign up to volunteer but wasn't selected, boo. I really just want a Friday badge so I can hit up the Adult Swim panels, as is my tradition.

If anyone has any helpful ideas for being able to get in Friday I am all ears. Also looking for a room. I'll be in the area probably Wed night-Sun afternoon.

e: People to party with would be great too, as this is my first year going alone. I like to drink, other people smoking is fine but not for me.

bobula fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Apr 1, 2015

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
Still looking for a way to a Friday badge, friends! So if anybody knows anyone needing help in the exhibit hall, I'm your lady. I can pick things up. I can put things down. I can add 2 and 2. /end resume

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
I had a dream last night that someone mailed me a 4-day badge anonymously.

Then I woke up to reality and cried

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
I guess it's a step up for him from driving around outside the con in a bus.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
I pm'ed dude who needs room/may need to get rid of badge, but I just wanted to put it out there:

I'd like to get at least a Friday badge to get to the Adult Swim panels, so if anyone here can't go that day or wants to be rid of their badge, let me know!

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Satorr posted:

Adult Swim panel day is always Friday, right?

For the past several years, yes.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Beast of Bourbon posted:

I have 1 (one) SDCC Pro badge that I am no longer in need of, I got an exhibitor badge last minute through work.

Suggestions on how to get rid of it? Raffle? Lottery? Fight to the death winner take all? Scavenger hunt in San Diego?

I paid for it so I'd like to at least get my money back.

Sent choo a pm booooy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Planetarium posted:

After the person who originally got my guest pass had to cancel, my friends found another person who said he could get me in. He emails me yesterday telling me he forgot to change the name on his pass and I'd have to go as Sarah. I've never had a problem with ID checks, but I'm pretty clearly not Sarah; do any longtime attendees think this will be a problem? I don't want to commit to shuttling people around and spending the money on lodging and parking not knowing if I'll be removed.

Ymmv, but I lent my female name badge to my male friend and they snagged him the first time he tried to go in. He thought fast and got out of there with the badge, but we ended up switching him to a male badge.

• Locked thread