Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr Tran posted:

Pros are allowed one free guest and one paid guest. Pros have to go thru the randomized buying process everyone else does to get those passes.

This is going to suck, it's my last year of Pro Status and I'm hoping I'll be able to make it and bring two guests as a last hurrah unless I BS my Pro credentials for next time. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hijinks Ensue posted:

This will be my first year as a Pro and I'm confused. Do I get my pass first, and then try for the guest pass?

You get all of them at the same time including the third one you have to purchase if you want to go that route.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Good luck fellow Pros. Also, is there any Professional Badges for WonderCon? The last two years they offered them but there's absolutely nothing on the website about it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So badges sold out in record time; this is just getting ridiculous. I fear I'll have bad luck for my Pro Badges.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr Tran posted:

My Pro got his passes. How did you guys do?

I managed to get in, I had to do it at work and just left my work computer on the waiting room page while I did something on another computer and kept checking back and forth. The page changed and I was greeted with the "Hey, you can purchase badges here" page and jumped over quickly to get all three of mine. It went smoothly surprisingly enough but now there's the dread of hotels. I fear that's going to go really, really poorly. As of this past year I've developed some issues in my right leg and I think I've got a pinched sciatic nerve; I'm hoping for the Marriott Marina so if I have any issues with pain I can easily just go back to the hotel and rest.

Maybe it's a good thing this might be my last year going. :smith:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Outside of the Marriot, what are the other hotels that are really drat close I should aim for?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Godspeed tomorrow goons.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Took 4 minutes on my end. gently caress.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

RevKrule posted:

So Darko and I got one thing and Axel got another. Who got what form wise?

It's supposed to be the drop-down menu. When my browser wasn't loading I hit stop on it and the form popped up but not fully loaded, so I just got a list of hotels but selecting one didn't add it to my "6 hotels" list. So I had to reload it for the proper form.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I haven't gotten anything.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hijinks Ensue posted:

Nothing yet. I'm getting all OCD worrying if I mistyped my email address.

Hijinks Ensue posted:

Request confirmation received.

I'm in stage 1 right now, please don't tell me I hosed this up.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I didn't get anything, RIP.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

John Lightning posted:

You can transfer reservations?

I hope so because at this point me and my two friends are going to rely on Goons to even go. I might have to cancel the whole trip. :smith:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hijinks Ensue posted:

This should be interesting. Maybe the "SDCC should move to LA" crowd will go to Wondercon, see how boring the LA Convention Center is and how nasty the surrounding area can be, and realize that San Diego's pretty nice after all.

Yeah, this is going to suck but I want to see how bad it is.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So how does the resale work and what time to I have to be up to :f5: the poo poo out of the page?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So I'm refreshing the page and there still isn't a link for the hotel reservation form. Kinda at a loss, also have to leave for work pretty soon so this sucks.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Alan Smithee posted:

honestly ive only seen people say they got screwed, save for the 3 goons who got what they wanted

Yeah, it seemed pretty bad this year. Reading this thread made me feel better that I wasn't the only one that got hosed over.

Ok, this is absolute bullshit there hasn't been a page update with any link and I can't wait any longer. I love their "No selling of badges" policy, because at least going down their for a day and selling my 3 badges off for a couple hundred each sounds like it'll be my best option at this point.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The link is finally up and of course it's being hammered. Last chance right here.

https://www.tphousing.com/ph2/startres.aspx?EICode=3166&Attcode=72

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr Tran posted:

There's also their overflow site. https://www.tphousing.com/e/2015/Comic-Con/index.html

No Comic-Con discounts and probably off the shuttle route. But the Marriott Marquis is there for $650 a night and the Hilton Bayfront is $1000.

It's not even $650 a night if you add the each day goes for a different rate. I tried reserving Tuesday (because it said the rate went down to $260 a night) through Sunday and these are the rates it gave me:

1 room(s) for 5 night(s) Prices in USD
July 7, 2015 - 259.00
July 8, 2015 - 649.00
July 9, 2015 - 799.00
July 10, 2015 - 889.00
July 11, 2015 - 799.00

Total Cost: 3,822.12 USD

There goes this trip but I guess I'm saving money and going to make a good deal off my friend's badges.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Alan Smithee posted:

we should rent a party bus and just park it in the hotel

Coverage of San Diego Comic Con 2015 brought to you by Brazzers.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This actually is kinda cool, but is really the definition of how desperate things are getting. Does the train even have showers?

edit: They do... hmm...

sigher fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 8, 2015

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Space_Butler posted:

I wonder if they did any kind of screening at all

They don't even screen your god drat Professional Registration; they look at it and go "seems legit" and you're golden. You think they screen hotels or parking?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ElmerTheWasabi posted:

Can anyone tell me how picking up Pro and guest badges works? I know I'll need my photo ID and barcode to pick up my badge, but will my guest have to be there with me and have their ID when I pick up?

No, they just give you all the badges you registered under your name.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So what would be the best way to sell my badge? I think I have to at this point.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr Tran posted:

You'll have to go down and at least pick up the badge to sell it.

I have two friends that are going and they're getting their badges through me, so I have to go regardless. At this point I have nowhere to stay and they booked an AirBnB for just themselves as I thought other plans but those fell through.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Beast of Bourbon posted:

A close friend of mine is a travel agent and she called to try to get me rooms for SDCC 2016 and most places aren't taking reservations at any price, and the ones that are are $600+/night.

Like the Omni is completely 100% blocked out, she can't even make one through the special travel agent booking system.

That's what happened this year too, I tried looking for hotels pretty soon after SDCC 2014 and I couldn't get them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Alan Smithee posted:

speaking of proreg, how closely do they scrutinize things? I had some viral videos I worked on but my name doesn't actually appear on credits(no credits to speak of really), would oit be enough to just have them verify with the people in charge?

I'm late on this but they're really lenient, I worked in film restoration and our names didn't get into the credits (since there weren't any for the restoration team) and I just had a letter "from my boss" explaining the situation and saying if there were any questions to call. They didn't background check anything.

• Locked thread