Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:
I've reached out to friends and family and have what I hope will amount to 10-15 people trying to help my brother get his pass tomorrow.

I'm still anxious as hell about it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

that's like buying 3 lottery tickets. Nobody I knew got anything

I had at least 9 confirmed people gunning for a badge for my brother this morning, with the possibility of there being a few more doing so as well. We got it, but it still took 35 minutes for one of us to get through. No preview night for either of us, but I'm very happy just to have fixed my mistake from prereg.

I thought it was a sure thing having a dozen people just trying to buy for one person, but I was sweating bullets when I didn't hear from anyone and preview night was sold out.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Ew, it got congested this year. Got through in about 30 seconds, but it took a minute for the form to load.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Ya'll can go back on the website and play around with it. It'll be up for a while. Seems to be just like last year as far as I can tell.

edit: Ah, sounds like maybe the congestion jumbled some of your guys' pages. :ohdear:

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

RevKrule posted:

b) parking at the marriott adjacent and "losing" your ticket when you pull out (this is somewhere in line w/$40/day but puts you next door for parking).

Just curious, where does that leave people who actually do get to stay at the Marriott? Like, is there a chance that someone staying there may not actually get to park there, or do they save enough spaces for all confirmed guests?

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Had Marriott Marquis as first choice. Got an email at 4:21 saying "You were booked into this hotel because you chose 'Book me into any downtown hotel.' when asked what we should do if none of your 6 choices were available."

Scrolled down. Ended up being Marriott Marquis. Room wasn't upgraded or anything.

I ain't even mad. Just confused.

XOIC of Radishes fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 27, 2015

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

fount of knowledge posted:

In the same situation. It would be a room split between one goon, her cousin, and myself. One is new to Comic Con and asking to have the Hall H/Ballroom B waiting experience for the big panels, so we wouldn't be a bother.

It's an experience for the first 15 minutes, and a hard-learned lesson for the remaining 15 hours.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

MadJackal posted:

Friday's Star Wars panel is going to be the biggest Hall H event ever. Twilight fans have nothing on badge-carrying Star Wars nerds, but even Twilight still had people lining up early Wednesday. They're going to have to make two sleepover lines for Hall H, one for Thursday, one for Friday.

Hell, there was that one Twilight fan who started camping out SUNDAY and got killed in 2012. Sadly enough, I'm not so much surprised that someone died because of a Comiccon line than I am that someone would camp out four days early. But for Star Wars? Oh boy...

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Pretty sure there will be at least a couple of people who get into Hall H on Thursday night, and then try to hide behind one of the curtains or inside the bathroom stall overnight.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Parked at mall, walking over in a bit because we're actually exploring the mall. Nice to save money and avoid traffic. Would recommend, A+++.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Kali11324 posted:

I was thinking of parking at Fashion Valley but they always have signs saying "No Comic Con Parking". They threaten towing people but I wonder if it ever actually happens.

Was sort of concerned, but we legitimately wanted to go to the mall anyways. Nevertheless, I'm not sure how they would determine whose car is tow-worthy in that regard anyways unless they look for people who beeline for the T&C.

Will look into the transit system for the next year we don't get preview night. It does look pretty convenient as above poster mentioned. We're at Marriott Marquis, so could just hop on the trolley.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

RevKrule posted:

I saw one of the bible thumpers sitting watching the Blindspot trailer in front of the Tin Fish this morning. He had his sign up and his megaphone but he was enthralled by the running trailer. Also I like that the "Damien" movie people brought their own megaphones and signs to outshout those fucks.

Granted, I tend to just tune them out so I could be mistaken, but the "bible thumpers" don't seem to be protesting comic-con/pop culture. It seems like they just use the crowds as an opportunity to share their message, and are respectful of the convention's purpose, which is fine by me.

Of course, other years you get Westboro.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Satorr posted:

Weirdest thing I have seen at the con so far this year: saw a ~10 year old kid kiss his mom's cleavage, pick his nose then eat the booger.

I think I saw this kid and his mom in 6BCF this morning/afternoon. Def was getting a Robin Arryn vibe.

---

What's the deal with the masquerade audience chanting stuff? Some kind of tradition? Is there a script? Was watching a cast of it, so couldn't really tell what was being said or adding on because the audio was meh.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

RFID sounds great in theory.

In practice...well, this should be an interesting year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

gently caress! Even in the future nothin' works!

• Locked thread