Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Is Sunday only worth going? Have a wedding that just popped up trying to figure it out, never been on a Sunday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

RevKrule posted:

Sunday's growing into a real day. If you want exclusives, you'll probably be out of luck but you can get some great deals on the floor from people not wanting to ship poo poo back.

Also the programming's starting to get a little better. You won't have major studios but some fan favourites are usually on Sundays (I know Supernatural, I believe It's Always Sunny too).

Thanks, debating staying in San Diego Sunday night and making a day of it, but if it's just everyone breaking things down I might not.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Sheraton la jolla had rooms, granted its a good 13 miles away.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Does anyone know if infants are included in the comicon children policy? Website is written more like it is geared to kids.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Alan Smithee posted:

Children 12 and under free. Seems like most venues are like that

Yea it's free but you have to register them or something, didn't know if this was really a kid thing or not since it's there most likely for Id/emergency situations if the kid gets lost or separated. Considering my son is 5 months old I was curious since he can't walk and will be attached to my chest.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Alan Smithee posted:

Does anyone need just a sunday badge? I will likely have one I don't need

Sent you a pm

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Hijinks Ensue posted:

Thank God for that.

I heard a news report yesterday that should put the "let's move the con to Los Angeles" crowd in their place. Not only does the LA Convention Center have much less room than San Diego, but there are only 4,000 hotel rooms within walking distance. And you thought this year's HotelPocalypse was bad...

A fine troll good goon sir.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Soarer posted:

I don't think I would go anymore if it was in LA. Probably just switch to PAX East or NYCC.

It has outgrown San Diego. The idea that you need to be in a hotel within walking distance defies logic. La can handle the influx, and not no mention its in the studios' backyards, think of all the offsite activities at the fox, Sony, paramount, etc lots. LA would be perfect, presuming sdcc doesn't collapse under its own weight like e3 did years back.

Ed oh and the la convention center can fit like three San Diego convention centers in it.

xxEightxx fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 2, 2015

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Jack Skeleton posted:

I live 10-15 minutes away from the L.A. convention center and I would hate it to be there. that part of L.A. is just not ready for what SDCC brings with it.

In saying that, it has just dawned on me that con is next week and I haven't prepared much at all. Welp, this will be a "Leaf in the wind" con for me. Which I think I rather prefer than the rushing around missing panels and getting pissed off for it.

Yea me too, had a kid in December so it's basically a wander around thing for me. Weird to not be in hyped/pumped/cosplay mode but poo poo filled diapers and vegetable purée keep me occupied. Still looking forward to it though.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Darke GBF posted:

The LACC is nowhere near big enough to host Comic-Con. LA sucks rear end anyway, and the eateries there outside of Little Tokyo are either poo poo or expensive.

Las Vegas. That's the place for Comic-Con, baby. Booya.

This is the second post about the size of the lacc, and it has me a bit confused considering its magnitudes bigger than the San Diego convention center. Why do people think it's smaller?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Dr Tran posted:

Because of construction at the Marriott Marina, a whole bunch of stuff got moved around

http://www.comic-con.org/toucan/10-what%E2%80%99s-new-and-what%E2%80%99s-changed-comic-con

Anaheim: 815000 sq ft (an additional 200000 is under construction)
13000 hotel rooms (more under construction, but competing with Disneyland)

San Diego: 615000 (+200000 planned but that has been halted)
11000 hotel rooms

LA: 720000
5000 hotel rooms

Las Vegas: 3200000 (+500000 under construction)
62000 hotel rooms

My bad I thought San Diego 600k was including the 200 that has been under "construction" for how ever long

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Someone have that link of events going on outside of the con itself, i cant seem to find it.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
On another note my access for Sunday just got pulled, anyone have one/two Sunday badges, preferably with a child pass available? I know it's a long shot but beats surfing craigslist for the non scam non 1000% markup tickets.

Ed: for clarification, the free child pass, not the 13 year old pass you need an actual paid for badge. So if you have one/two badges and you weren't planning on going Sunday I'm your guy (or girl, for my wife).

xxEightxx fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jul 9, 2015

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Any trusting goon pm me a rough/redacted pic of this years badge or a link to one, have to go the craigslist route and short of a ticket printed on a graham cracker I want to have some idea if I'm being scammed.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Darko posted:

What do you need one for? If its temporary, you can borrow mine during the day. I ended up spending most of today out on the ocean looking at whales, for instance. I just am forced into doing Hall H Saturday.

Just to see what the 2015 badge looked like so I could spot check it in case someone was trying to pull a low effort scam, I got it covered though, thanks.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Wazzit posted:

JJ Abrams is taking all of us in Hall H to a Star Wars concert by the bay. :stare:

There was some outside cc where they were doing that, I thought it was at the symphony hall, maybe this is different? Seems odd to have two competing sw concerts running?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Rocco posted:

Man that is weird- I SWORE they banned strollers a long time ago. I remember reading the rules and seeing that basically anything with wheels was out. Did something change or am I nuts

For every one stroller there was 50 groups of three or four standing in the middle of an aisle just lollygagging. Or how about outwardly facing booth decorations that had crowds of people circled around, standing and wanting to take pictures? Or peoples' costumes that take up two or three wide? Or someone stopping naruto #24 for a picture? There were a lot more things screwing up pedestrian traffic than strollers, at least from what I saw.

And yes I had a stroller. It was easy enough to keep it out of the way and not be a nuisance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Alan Smithee posted:

Sounds more like a "gently caress you comic con" event. Can't wait til the overflow in Tijuana decide to make a Star Wars cantina for real

This is not a bad idea.

• Locked thread