Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I don't see very many goons posting this year compared to my last time, granted, it was during the different registration system, but I have to wonder, is it just not as popular anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I'm screwed. Going for badges for myself, my goon boyfriend, and my cousin. 3 lost souls... and one's on a drat cellphone trying since he doesn't have access to a computer of any kind.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Diabetic posted:

Jesus Christ, tell them to go to a drat library.

I would... but he's at one of those dead-end, do nothing jobs for the weekend and right now he's on break, on his cell. Be hard to rush to the library and make it back.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

RevKrule posted:

Have him give you his information and you open another browser and take his place.

That won't gently caress with both? I've been told not to have multiple browsers open.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Just so I know, if it ISN'T working, what'll show? Will it just look normal?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Was playing "The Final Countdown" right before this and at 11:00 on the dot, it finished, sans preparation on my part. Hilarious good omen?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I'm in and I need NO tickets, ANYONE need anything, quick!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

There is no rhyme or reason to this system. Hoping the con makes more sense. Haven't gone since the last system, so just wondering if it's the same chaotic, wonderful shitstorm it always is. Also wondering how early one should be the day before or crack of dawn the day of to get good seats for Ballroom B and Hall H.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Too early to tell what's going to be in Hall H as big ticket stuff. All I know is, I'm gunning for Game of Thrones and Once Upon a Time. The rest are just happy accidents.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Remind me again, what does Gaslamp mean in terms of distance away from the convention site?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

And now we wait... UGH so frightened. I just want to be near the con without using the drat shuttle. Hoping to load up with fellow goons like I did the last time around just to make things a little cheaper. It was fun and safe, no one was a creep or a serial killer.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

drat... all three of my party got screwed; two guys finished in three minutes, me in two and still nada for effort. Ah well.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

So, through the kindness of goons (thanks Soarer) I got a hotel, but that means I have another that wasn't accepted. It's the Doubletree San Diego Mission Valley that a friend volunteering at the con transferred to my name once he realized he could crash with someone else and wouldn't need it. Should I just decline and let it go to wherever these things go, or is there a way to share good fortune?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Shawn posted:

How much did you get the doubletree for? We had a buddy miss the early bird mission valley sale so it was 500 a night and he ended up finding a shared room with a bunch of strangers instead.

The e-mail says $203 per night.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Anyone got a feel for what shows/films are going this year?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

So... apparently, my extra room at the Doubletree San Diego Mission Valley (Twin) is STILL up for grabs (even though they said there was a deadline on the thing). Anyone know of someone still scrambling for space?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Cool! I'm hoping to get a Wednesday or Saturday ticket to the Conan tapings. I never doing anything early Thursday or Sunday anyway.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Just who the hell IS going... it seems like slim pickings this year, apart from Star Wars.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

More exclusives update! Funko is updating this page every so often until the 29th with their exclusives: http://funko.com/blogs/news/tagged/sdcc

And I heard final fantasy online is selling stuffed carbuncles at their booth. Can't find the site verifying this anymore, but the tweets are still alive.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Entertainment Weekly's revealed the panelists for the Game of Thrones panel at Comic Con this year.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/23/game-thrones-comic-con

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

How bad is it to get into the Indigo Ballroom? I want to see Comedy Central: Drunk History and Another Period.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I wonder if anyone would trade passes from Hall H to Ballroom 20 for the last bit... I'm a rabid fan of Orphan Black and iZombie, but I've never actually seen a Star Wars film.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

It sucks. All I want it Once Upon a Time in Ballroom 20 and the rest Hall H. How long do you think the wait will be?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

So can anyone explain the wristband stuff to me? I'm old to this new game; before, we just had bathroom tickets that let us leave for a panel and come back before the next one.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

RevKrule posted:

Once you leave Hall H, your wristband means fuckall.

So it's not like the tickets. The wristband means you get in, you get a seat. But you have to stay plastered in it or move up once people skedaddle. You can't trade for a Ballroom 20 pass then while on a "bathroom break"?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

How are Nerd HQ panels? What IS Nerd HQ anyway? Is it just like Comic Con panels where they just ask panelists questions and then a line of people get to ask questions?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Hijinks Ensue posted:

I keep all my badges anyway. I have a coat hook where I hang all my lanyards from various cons.

This is SMART. I'm doing this from now on. Thanks for the idea.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

There's already someone in line for Hall H. *Nevermind, Reddit's dumb sometimes. The tents are going up though.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 7, 2015

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Axel Serenity posted:

look at this loving thing

This was an offsite thing that gives half-off drinks at certain bars downtown. I haven't been into any of the panels yet, but it seems like posters/t-shirts/whatever from other booths are still definitely thing (foam chainsaws for Ashe vs. Evil Dead)!

The drinking horn is one of the better ones I've seen since the PanAm bags a few years ago, but there's still other really cool swag out there if you can keep an eye on Twitter/know where to look. I think Scream Queens is giving free ice cream.

Where did you get the horn?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

So I'm having a bitch of a time with the Funko Pop booth. I went before the exhibition hall opened, zipped over, and they said they were giving out tickets and they weren't letting anyone buy.

What?

My question is, where are these mythical tickets, or how do I go about buying this?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Kali11324 posted:

Exhausted, feet sore, recovering from SDCC 15 . . . When do the SDCC 16 tickets go on sale?

Furthermore, who went RIGHT back into the mob and started reserving their hotels for NEXT year?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

RevKrule posted:

Hmm, $245 for all 4 days + preview night. For those keeping track at home, that's a $25 increase over last year.

How do you know date prices?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Thank you. I was searching the site for this and must have missed it just scrolling through casually. Anyone know how pre-reg lottery goes? Is it as insane as normal lottery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Darko posted:

Ehhh, the new security sounds like it will be as stupid as everything else they've tried.

I'm willing to buy up to (2) passes for someone if I get in pre-reg miraculously, hopefully someone can get my one badge as well if they do.

I'll take you up on that, since me and the other pass are trying to get in too.

EDIT: nvm, we hoth are poor as church mice and only have enough in each card for one pass.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Nov 14, 2015

• Locked thread