Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
I'm running two at the moment. Shouldn't mess with anything since there have unique codes to get in. You just can't use the same link/code twice at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Wow it was rough this year. We had one person get in to get 4-day badges in the pre-reg but for this open reg we had 6 people waiting, only one got in to buy Thurs/Sun.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

FrensaGeran posted:

I miss the old days where it was a loving blood bath of F5'ing and server time outs and only the strongest made it.

Honestly I do too. I had 100% success rate for 3 years with that, now I'm lucky if I get a day without relying on others.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

RevKrule posted:

Assassin's Creed did it two separate years. Last year they offered shaves (and a hilariously bad parkour course) and the year before they rented out the Star of India.

Last year was kinda lame but the ship two years back was really cool.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Yeah, nothing here yet either. Finished at 9:02 :negative:

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Zeitgueist posted:

Just got my confirmation.

Manchester Grand Hyatt

:qq: Not the marquis :qq:

(honestly I have no idea how I get so lucky on these, but I will not question it)

Hey neighbor. My girlfriend got us this one too as a consolation prize. Nothing for me yet.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
I still haven't gotten poo poo.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Hilton Bayfront was choice 1

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Ya, certainly don't cancel your trip. Hotel circle has lots of room and the shuttle service is really pretty good. If you can get something like the Handerly it also has the added bonus of being right across the street from where you do badge pick up (at least in the last 4 years)

I'm waiting on some friends to make a decision but I ended up getting my first choice of the Hilton Bayfront last night so we won't need the Manchester Grand Hyatt reservation my girlfriend got.

Last year I was able to change the names on my consolation hotel to my friends. I'll check the actual reservation site later to see if it's the same later today.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Hijinks Ensue posted:

Checking Travel Planners' site pays off. I just saw that a room opened up at Town and Country and snagged that (I had a room in Mission Valley but Town and Country is nicer, cheaper, and has a better time on the shuttle).

It's also where they do badge pick up, and is across from the first stop on the bus so you can get off and just cross the street.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

RevKrule posted:

selfie sticks are not allowed anymore.

That is awesome. Every place is banning those stupid things now.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think in the last couple years the official SDCC exclusive list has had lots of holes in it.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
I don't think I would go anymore if it was in LA. Probably just switch to PAX East or NYCC.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
You could try to be sneaky with some low effort costume that has a mask and just take it off. Might be too much :effort: though

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
We also tried doing the book a year in advance but all the good hotels are blocked out. I was at the pool on Sunday though next to a guy from New York who was there with his wife to visit their daughter. They had no idea what comic con was and somehow they got rooms booked :iiam:

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Last year the Archer panel gave out tickets that needed to be redeemed for a t-shirt. This year they just gave out the t-shirts on the way out. Ended up being a clusterfuck because people were piling up at the doors trying to get the size they wanted.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Line management inside the hall was actually decent. They had designated line staging areas around the hall, denoted with signs so people wouldn't sit around there. Thursday morning though they dropped the ball hard on the line for Hasbro tickets. People were absolutely flipping their poo poo kn Twitter and such. They basically had no one watching anything and a lot of people were able to just get in the line that were walking by the back stairs by the marina, before everyone that had to go through the sail pavilion first.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Space_Butler posted:

"All badges associated with your order will be shipped directly to the buyer"

Well poo poo, guess anyone buying for folks in the thread are gonna have an extra hoop of inconvenience to jump through.

Hopefully they will be smart enough to ship each badge to the address associated with the account much like they do with the emails.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Neraren posted:

I go with a party of 3 every year, and none of us got in. If we don't get lucky during the general sale, this is the first time in 5 years we won't be going.

4 here and none of us got anything. Might just have to do NYCC if genreg doesn't pan out.

E: welp got in for Sunday

Soarer fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Alan Smithee posted:

Time to stretch my credit cards anus

How much did a room at the mariott/Hyatt run again?

The Marriott Marina and Hilton on the water were around $300/night. Most of the hotels right next to the convention center were around that with the Hard Rock being a little more expensive irc

• Locked thread