Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Dr Tran posted:

Pros are allowed one free guest and one paid guest. Pros have to go thru the randomized buying process everyone else does to get those passes.

Masquerade registration is now open
http://comic-con.org/cci/masquerade

"we can arrange for contestants to be able to buy a 2015 attendee badge so they can participate"

Not quite the same process, it comes after regular reg and is its own pool. But the mechanics are the same, just imagine gen pop, but with pros only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Hijinks Ensue posted:

This will be my first year as a Pro and I'm confused. Do I get my pass first, and then try for the guest pass?

No you buy both at once.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Pro is typically a week or 2 after reg

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Just got this email from the SDCC

quote:

Dear Professional or Trade Professional,

As you may have read, Comic-Con 2015 badges for attendees will go on sale this Saturday, February 21. Please note that you have not missed professional badge registration! You will have an opportunity to register for your professional badge at a later date. If your member class is Creative Professional, an email with your professional registration code and instructions on how to participate in online professional registration will be sent to you within the next 10 business days. If your member class is Trade Professional, you will receive additional instructions for Trade Professional badge registration later this spring.

If you choose to purchase an attendee badge on February 21, you will still be able to participate in professional registration when it opens. You will also be able to request a refund for the attendee badge you purchased, minus a 10% handling fee.

Although complimentary creative professional guest badges reach capacity very quickly, you will have an opportunity to purchase a guest badge during professional registration. You do not need to attempt to purchase an attendee badge for your guest on Saturday. However, if you plan to bring more than one guest you may want to consider participating in Open Online Registration. For more information on Open Online Registration, please visit: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/2015/open-online-registration-0

Please keep in mind that the number of badges available for both attendees and professionals are predetermined, and the badges being sold during attendee registration do not affect the availability of professional badges in any way.

For more information on professional online registration, please visit: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/professional-reginfo

Thank you for your patience,

Professional Registration
Comic-Con International

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Come on Trade Pro Reg next weekend! That'd be dope as hell.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Does anyone know when Trade Pro registration will be?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I just emailed them to find out about my Trade Pro reg date.

Got this in the auto reply: "Comic-Con Trade Professional registration will occur later this spring. If you are a Trade Professional and are NOT DUE, watch your email for more information."'

edit: Actual reply:

quote:

no, trade professional registration has not yet occurred; you did not miss anything! We anticipate that it will open later this month.

Beast of Bourbon fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 18, 2015

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I just got an email from Trade Pro.

Registration is open NOW. Right now. I clicked the link and paid and got my badge and verification.

quote:

EPIC Online Trade Professional Badge Registration for Comic-Con 2015 is now open! To register for your trade professional badge, please visit https://www.tradeshowregistrar.com/tpro_cci_15/?event=CC2015

Your EPIC registration login information is your Member ID and last name. Please be sure to have this information ready, as we will not be able to look it up on the day of registration. You can find this information online by logging in to your Member ID account and selecting the “Professionals” tab.

EPIC Online Trade Professional Badge Registration will close on June 17th, 2015, or when trade professional registration has reached capacity and badges are no longer available. There will be no onsite registration.

This email is not a confirmation of registration. Even if you have been approved and verified as a trade professional by Comic-Con International, you still must register for your badge online while supplies last. Please keep in mind that trade professional badges are limited, and you must complete the online registration process before it reaches capacity to receive your Comic-Con 2015 trade professional badge.

Badges for both trade professionals and their guest are limited in quantity. Trade professionals are allowed to purchase a badge for one guest while supplies last. Be sure to register your guest at the same time you register for your own badge, as guest badges may not be available at a later date.

Trade professional guest badges can be used to register an adult or junior guest (age 13 to 17). The badge price is the same ($220), whether the guest is a junior or an adult when purchased through trade professional registration. Children age 12 and under are free with a trade professional badge and do not count toward your guest limit. Child badges must be registered onsite at Industry Registration in Lobby D.

For more information on trade professional badge registration for Comic-Con 2015, please visit http://www.comic-con.org/cci/professionals

Sincerely,
Professional Registration
Comic-Con International

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
The omni is the worst hotel in the history of hotels. only the dumbest, richest idiots in the world would even consider staying there. smart, handsome con goers know to avoid it at all costs.

please work please work please work

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I got the broken form at 9:00, called Travel planners at like 9:25 and they were like "sucks to be you, haha, man that's gonna suck, we're gonna get so many calls, oh well, I can maybe book you for stuff out in mission valley, let me go ahead and write that down, heh, sure thing, I'll take your info i'm totally sure we can get you a hotel, heh. okay yeah don't call back we got everything we need."

Pretty unhappy with that.

edit: Called back and the first guy on the phone was like "oh yeah the form bug? yeah, we got your submission, it was just un-ordered, so when you get the email with all your choices, just reply to it with your ordered list and we'll figure it out on our end. you're good."

Beast of Bourbon fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 24, 2015

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Oh man, I got the block form and didn't get an email.

Is the link 'private' aka registered to you? If not, can you PM it to me?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
So, I now have 2 separate receipts (different reg codes) with my top 6 downtown hotels. Maybe I'll get 2 different hotels? Who knows! Either way I'll be turning one back in to the pool.

Surprised this worked out so well.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Axel Serenity posted:

Did you submit twice? Did you have a "bad" form and was asked to refill your selections via email?

I had the bad form, but submitted anyways with all downtown hotels.

I called in, per twitter instructions, and they took down a separate order for me that was all mission valley / old town hotels.

I then got the email saying "hey your form was f'd up, please order these" and it was the downtown hotels that I originally asked for.

Then today I get 2 separate registrations with both the exact same hotels. Both have the same name/address/everything so I can't imagine it will really work out, but I also don't need 2 hotel rooms so I'll be turning one back in after I lock in one.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I finished at 9:02 (with the other issues spoken about here) and just got the "no hotels for you" email.

I picked 6 downtown hotels and checked that if they're not available, book me into any available hotel.

quote:

Dear Comic-Con Guest,

Thank you for participating in the hotel reservations request process for Comic-Con 2015. Thousands of requests were received in the first few minutes of opening. All were processed in the order that they were received. Unfortunately, the entire allotted Comic-Con hotel inventory had been reserved prior to your request's position in the queue.

If you requested to be waitlisted on your form, you have been waitlisted for your preferred hotels. This is in the same order as your original request.

Even though your request could not be processed, there is still a way to book into the Comic-Con hotel inventory. Confirmed reservations will be changing and/or cancelling over the next several days. Although it is not likely that downtown hotels will become available, this will free up a limited number of rooms in the surrounding areas like Mission Valley, Harbor Island and Shelter Island. This inventory of non-downtown rooms will be made available to all on April 8, 2015 at 9AM Pacific Time.

Please watch the hotels page on Comic-Con's website for details on how to take advantage of this opportunity.

If you have any questions, please click here to reply to ComicConRes@tphousing.com.

Thank You,

Your Comic-Con 2015 Housing Team | Reservations
Travel Planners Inc. | 381 Park Avenue South, New York, NY 10016
Office: 212.532.1660 or 877-552-6642 |
ComicConRes@tphousing.com | https://www.tphousing.com

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

RevKrule posted:

This could also be for your second "excuse me while I laugh at you for our mistake" submission though, couldn't it?

This is true, I only got 1 rejection so far.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I got 2 more rejections and then the Sheraton Hotel & Marina which is on a little islet south of the Airport.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Ok so it turns out I got a Marina Suite at the Sheraton Hotel & Marina. It's a big old suite for just little old me.

I'll totally trade that + cash for a downtown hotel room of any size. Will even SA-Mart that up if necessary.

I just got the Omni also. what the gently caress is going on there.

Beast of Bourbon fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 27, 2015

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Ok so i have no loving idea but I just got a 3rd reservation (different number), 2nd one for the Omni. So i have 2 rooms at the Omni and 1 at the Sheraton Hotel & Marina.

Already confirmed and reserved the only room I need at the Omni.

edit: revkrule what did you say?

Beast of Bourbon fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 27, 2015

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
The 2nd room at the Omni won't let me change or do anything to the rez. I can't even book it.

Probably a duplicate, still have the sheraton Marina if anyone wants that.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
If anyone wants my Marina Suite at the Sheraton Hotel & Marina near the airport, it's $310 a night and I will transfer it to you today, otherwise I'm going to let it lapse.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Responded! Good luck!

Edit: I no longer have the extra room at the Sheraton.

Beast of Bourbon fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 28, 2015

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
One of the departments here at work just asked me to book 10 hotel rooms for them.

Sure, no problem.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Can they ban 3 wide or 2x2 mega strollers next please?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Here is how you get the really 'cool' exclusives at SDCC, this is not an exaggeration.

1) Start lining up Tuesday morning for the Preview Night thing.
2) Go to whatever booth is selling the thing, stand in line there until you get a ticket with a time printed on it (this takes hours).
3) Go stand in line elsewhere when the ticket time is, but you have to arrive 6-8 hours early for that because they overprint of course. This could be like Sunday at 5pm or something in which case you're guaranteed not to get anything.
4) The line moves and you get to the front and they've been sold out of all the SDCC exclusives since Preview night + 15 minutes.

Last year I went to the UPS store in the Omni to ship a package back to work and there was a guy there shipping 4 huge boxes (think mini fridge sized) full of Funko Pop SDCC exclusive vinyls back somewhere at the same time, and I talked to the employees and he does that every day of the show with various 'exclusives'.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I have 1 (one) SDCC Pro badge that I am no longer in need of, I got an exhibitor badge last minute through work.

Suggestions on how to get rid of it? Raffle? Lottery? Fight to the death winner take all? Scavenger hunt in San Diego?

I paid for it so I'd like to at least get my money back.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
They opened all the lines early. I walked up at 115pm and there was 4 people in front of me for trade pro registration pick up.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i hope they ban strollers next year, SDCC is the only one that allows strollers. There was a stroller that had big chunky wheels and a cattle catcher on the front of it and the mom and 12 year old riding in it were using it to batter people out of the way.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
On many occasions I saw strollers parked around the concrete-4-pillar-things all over, completely blocking transit through them.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
A close friend of mine is a travel agent and she called to try to get me rooms for SDCC 2016 and most places aren't taking reservations at any price, and the ones that are are $600+/night.

Like the Omni is completely 100% blocked out, she can't even make one through the special travel agent booking system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
This year did have a LOT of booths with TVs mounted on the very outside of their booth at eye level and above so people would just walk to the middle of an aisle and stand there watching a 30 minute documentary on whatever the gently caress the booth was showing.

• Locked thread