Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Best of luck to everyone in our yearly nerd hunger games.

:rms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Shawn posted:

I feel bad for anyone coming from out of town and doing Thurs and Sunday. Since the only days are separated by 2 days.

While the hotel bill will suck, there's more than enough to do outside of the building (bars included). Might as well kill a day at the Zoo/Sea World

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Alan Smithee posted:

not sure what you mean?
He means the table by the exit in Registration, where everything from Burlesque shows to comic book shops place their postcards.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Dr Tran posted:

I kinda wonder if the offsite stuff will be scaling back a bit. Comic-Con's popularity has made renting space more expensive.
I think we'll probably see less of the 'We rented a Spanish galleon and are offering free shaves!' Type of marketing and more renting out parking lots and breweries to hawk something.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Darko posted:

Downtown hotels open up on the consolation site a few times every year as well if you check it regularly. You typically don't have to worry too much about hotels, except if you want to stay at the Marriott or the Hilton or something.
Does anyone have a link to this?

I screwed the pooch by actually doing work at work on Tuesday and, well, I'm SOL with hotels now.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Dr Tran posted:

Went to Wondercon today. Surprised with how small it is.
Wondercon is delightfully tiny. Its A-List events are rather odd (they premiered the Lego Batman movie a few years ago, they're doing some Teen Titans GO stuff tomorrow), but the focus on comics programming in the conference rooms is sweet. Really shows why happens when the Pop Culture and Hollywood is taken out of CC.

Its ComicCon's less hyper, stoner cousin that works part-time at a comic shop, basically.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Sefer posted:

Ugh, Anaheim Convention Center is like two miles from my house and my Disney pass includes parking, this got way less convenient for me.
I'd skip next year then. LAConCen is in a sea of crap, aside from the eateries at LA Live, the Regal Cinema and the Hooters, there's not much in the immediate area.

Cross your fingers that it returns in a year.

Though, I could see a move from ACC being beneficial given the uptick in attendance. Never seen security close off the front of the god damned convention center to foot traffic. That made just sightseeing folks a chore.

So what's the news on Wednesday's hotel thing?? We gonna be fighting for scraps??

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It's 9:01am PST on April 8th and the website isn't updating arggghhh :aaaaa: :f5: :aaa: :f5h:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Alan Smithee posted:

Yeah Im not seeing poo poo

Img=RayCharlesICantSeeShit.jpg

ComicCon is screwing us again! The only tradition you can count on. I fully expect a wave of Twitteratti saying they booked penthouse suites in 5 minutes, followed by CCI saying "Yeah the page was up for 10 femtoseconds, SEE YOU AT CON! #someshitaboutrecorddemand"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Look guys, I think at this point it's important that we realize we're all in a toxic, abusive relationship with CCI, and that we desperately need to get help.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Dr Tran posted:

But the Marriott Marquis is there for $650 a night and the Hilton Bayfront is $1000.
I'd like to give a shout-out to the evil genius that decided to do this.

If they were truly smart they'd throttle access to the CCI priced site and drop a dynamic cloud for their gougefucker site.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Beast of Bourbon posted:

Sure, no problem.
Hope they like Encinitas.

Or... Chula Vista.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

RevKrule posted:

Did you ever feel like SDCC just wasn't commercial enough? Well, they got your back on that!
There needs to be a Countdown to ComicCon reality series following a bunch of nerds trying (and failing) to get a pass/hotel/anything during the year leading up to CCI2015. Otherwise this deal is a sham.

quote:

I will say, if these means Hall H/B20 panels streamed as they happen with media included, I'm all for it.
They should just have supplemental seating in PetCo Park and play everything there. It's not like the Walking Dead Experience needs the whole drat stadium.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Soarer posted:

Hopefully they will be smart enough to
Hah.

Ha-ha hahaha. Hahahahahhahahaha.

So is the ConCent expansion breaking ground this year or what? Can't wait for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

RevKrule posted:

Aren't you precious. Thinking they might actually expand the convention center.

Their last effort for funding was shot down last year and they haven't come up with a new way to get funding.
God bless San Diego and their dysfunctional rear end politics.

• Locked thread