Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Pan Dulce posted:

I'm in and I need NO tickets, ANYONE need anything, quick!
Thurs-Sat for me and 1 other goon friend doable?

Space_Butler fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Feb 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Pan Dulce posted:

I'm in and I need NO tickets, ANYONE need anything, quick!
PM'd you in case you can squeeze me and a friend in. If not, hey it was more chances than I had before.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Friday is sold out.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Shawn posted:

I'm in if anyone wants Thursday and Sunday
PM sent

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Shawn posted:

Haha, I actually told my wife and buddy we should do the Zoo.

Space_Butler and Alan Smithee, You guys are covered for Thursday Sunday, as well as Space Butler's Friend.
You rule, thanks a ton! PM me your details to get this squared away.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
I entered every e-mail address I had, and then Sunday night before the cutoff I remembered I had some throwaway yahoo account from years ago and signed up with that too. All of them were passed on except for the throwaway account, which got me into Group 3. Thank you, long dormant burner account, you finally proved your usefulness.

I wonder if they did any kind of screening at all, or if there's a lot of people that got in multiple times and will just let the rest lapse for that general sale in June. Or if anyone is gonna try selling off their extra spots (a bit less likely, unless they want to give people their e-mail details). Either way, hopefully next year sees some changes.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Pan Dulce posted:

How bad is it to get into the Indigo Ballroom? I want to see Comedy Central: Drunk History and Another Period.
It depends on counter-programming, I've found. On days where there isnt much else going on, it's pretty rough. On Friday's for the adult swim stuff, though, when its up against Game of Thrones or Walking Dead over in Hall H, I've literally strolled in with no wait. Considering this is Thursday, though, I'd plan on spending at least a bit of time lining up.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
If anyone is bummed that there's almost zero chance of getting into the Star Wars: The Force Awakens panel, don't worry, EW says no new clips or trailers will be screened. Unless something major changes next year, we can pretty much assume any big Marvel or Star Wars stuff will always be held over for D23 from here on out.

It would be nice if people realizing the big panels are becoming completely worthless for exclusive experiences translated to lower interest, but at this point people would still fight for tickets and a spot in Hall H even if you told them it was nothing but a secondary producer giving PR-friendly answers.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Town and Country is open for pickup and there's practically no line, for anyone not stuck at work.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Man, third year in a row that the "go for a signing at an independent press booth" worked like gangbusters. A couple years ago I snagged Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn chilling at a nearby Image booth that people didn't care about because it wasn't an official Marvel thing for deadpool. They were totally happy to chill and sign all my Deadpool stuff anyway. Next day at the Marvel booth? Place is completely mobbed with an unimaginably long line. Last year, bought stuff at the Archie booth to get a ticket for Francesco Francavilla whose other booths/signings were usually too insane. Got in no problem and he signed anything. This year, Oni Press for the Rick and Morty signing. Thanks to the booth guy giving me a ticket with purchase and saying "yeah if you have a ticket just show up reasonably early, we are not at all able to hold a raffle for this thing", I got to avoid the insanely crowded Adult Swim signing, and got a hug from Dan Harmon (his idea, I wouldve been happy with him lazily leaning forward to be in frame with me).

So yeah, it may not hold up forever, but if you can find writers/artists/celebrities at independent press booths, attention is noticeably smaller because like a vast majority of con-goers, nobody seems to give a poo poo about small comic companies.

Edit: Also, yet another year where I just wandered into Indigo for Drunk History and had zero problem getting a seat. I laughed when Joss Whedon came out to moderate the Another Period panel because people have nearly gotten in fistfights to see him in Ballroom 20 but here half the crowd didn't give a drat.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

RevKrule posted:

What's up Rick and Morty Oni Press line survivor! I went to the Oni Press booth early yesterday morning (right after hall opened) and got my ticket. I showed up an hour early for the signing and was at least still lined up in the Oni Press booth. not sure how far the line went (it was shortly after I showed up they were putting people over by the columns away from the booth) but it only took about 20 minutes to get through it.

Oni Press does have an exclusive cover for an RNM comic but yesterday was the only signing they're doing for RNM. The other one, like mentioned is at the Adult Swim booth, I think either today or tomorrow.

I didn't even see how far it stretched. I was the chubster who got led away to be the beginning of the continued line over by the columns, so I probably passed you. Once I moved up I was behind the adventure time cosplayers, which was great except I kept having to duck out of the way for folks who wanted pictures with them. But yeah, from what I heard about how nuts the Adult Swim signing was, I'm glad I went for the Oni signing. Plus the Oni folks were cool as poo poo and were just like "just dont have 'em sign more than 5 items and pictures are up to them, but have fun".

readingatwork posted:

Anyone know what the hell is up with the Steven Universe/Adventure Time panel?

It was supposed to start over half an hour ago but the line is still here. It's moving, but only at a rate of a few people every couple if minutes so I can't tell if they're letting people in or not. It's super weird.
If you're still having trouble getting in, I have a friend inside near the question mic and he says the room is packed and they are letting individuals in only as the same number of folks leave. You might be out of luck until the changeover for Adult Swim stuff, when there's been a mass exodus of kids and parents if tradition holds.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

RevKrule posted:

Hey! I think I told you to go back there! If you lined up behind a girl with a purple backpack, I was the gentleman who told you the line was back there.
Sadly not me, I was the dude in the Oingo Boingo shirt who got personally walked over to start the columns line by an Oni guy with a ponytail(?), who had been standing at the back of the line at the booth, after he realized he needed to form a new line away from the booth. I did see a purple backpack girl, she was a few people behind us. So we probably missed each other by *that* much.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

RevKrule posted:

Now you can live the Hall H line for Friday without being there (spoiler alert, it's worse than you thought).
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/10/star-wars-force-awakens-comic-con-line

Jesus. That scrawl looks like the warning messages at the Walking Dead exhibit. Until the con splits these big panels onto days other than just Friday and Saturday, this is what's going to continue happening, or get worse. Most likely getting worse.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
"All badges associated with your order will be shipped directly to the buyer"

Well poo poo, guess anyone buying for folks in the thread are gonna have an extra hoop of inconvenience to jump through.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
I really wish they'd ditch this dumb lottery system and just embrace the idea of a melee pit, it'd be way less stressful than this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Friend of mine got in and I'm going all 4 days for the first time in almost half a decade, I'm stoked.

• Locked thread