Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

With me, my wife, and our friend waiting, my wife got in around 9:25am Pacific and got 4 day passes for all of us.

I'm keeping the waiting room page open just to see how long it could have taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Wow, I never got past the waiting room screen. You pretty much have to be in a group of 3 to guarantee getting even a single day to Con.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Far be it for me to call him a liar.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Very tempting, especially considering it's a free show. It would be at the top of my list if I didn't have a badge that day.

I'm a little sad that The Old Republic isn't sponsoring an open bar this year. The Cantina Crawl event a couple years ago was one of my favorite Con experiences ever. The only thing better than a hundred nerds getting together is a hundred plastered nerds getting together.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Friday's Star Wars panel is going to be the biggest Hall H event ever. Twilight fans have nothing on badge-carrying Star Wars nerds, but even Twilight still had people lining up early Wednesday. They're going to have to make two sleepover lines for Hall H, one for Thursday, one for Friday.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

The VBros guys aren't showing up this year. I am loving distraught.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

There's no Thursday line early enough for Hall H Friday. I think there will be more people waiting outside Hall H on Thursday than there will be actual people in Hall H.

No matter how lackluster Thursday's programming is, I don't want my first day of Con to be 24 hours spent on a lawn. Even for Force Awakens.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Yeah, it will be full for Doc Who and Hunger Games, but I think the turnout for the 6pm world premiere of Scooby-Doo! and KISS: Rock and Roll Mystery! is mostly going to be Hall H campers enjoying the AC while their friends hold their spots.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

The Old Republic is hosting another open bar!

This was my favorite Comic-Con event two years ago. I'm really looking forward to doing it again.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

San Diego is the best place for Con as a whole. It's a crime that the city is dragging its heels on expanding the convention center, but everything else about SD is perfect. And "everything else" is just two things: the way the entire city embraces the event and the weather. The weather can't be stressed enough. There's no major convention center anywhere else in the world that can support outdoor lines and overnight camping in July.

LA is too drat hot and downtown, while greatly improved over the last couple decades, is still too dispersed for foot traffic from the convention center. Las Vegas could handle the size of con and has great off-campus stuff, but whatever soul Comic-con has would be swallowed up by the city.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Soarer posted:

You could try to be sneaky with some low effort costume that has a mask and just take it off. Might be too much :effort: though

This is actually a pretty good idea.

On days other than Sunday, security is very good about checking badges. I've been stopped and asked to turn mine around to the front about a dozen times. Never been asked to present a second ID to confirm the name, but they seemed to be checking that the name matches the gender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

That's an amazing deal, but I think I'd rather stay an hour and a half away at a Motel 6 and/or camp overnight in Hall H lines for a night or two than deal with TJ and border crossing twice a day.

• Locked thread