Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

From Ace's official page:

http://www.aceparking.com/comic-con/

quote:

Q: Can I register multiple times for the lottery?
A: Yes and no, the system will accept your entries, but the drawing will be restricted to one entry per email address.

So, this is dumb as hell.

I can simply create 50 email addresses and send one email from each to greatly increase my chances.

They have not thought this through.

Foppish Yet Dashing fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

Pan Dulce posted:

Remind me again, what does Gaslamp mean in terms of distance away from the convention site?

red area = gaslamp quarter

it's all very close together

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I guess I won't go to Wondercon anymore.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I got a group 2 email. Yay I think?

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
The Star Wars panel will be the hottest thing at the entire con. No question. I imagine that is where the first full non-teaser trailer is going to drop.

I'm so happy about selfie sticks being banned. I hope they're vigilante about it. At Disneyland they have signs hanging in some line queues that say "no selfie sticks" and it's so sad that they have to obstruct their own decorations with signs to deter dumb idiots.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Adult Swim panel day is always Friday, right?

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

Alan Smithee posted:

If anyone's sticking around til sunday Harmontown is going to be around fwiw

tickets won't be free of course but something to do

Hell yes. Here's the actual ticket purchase page: http://tinroofsandiego.tunestub.com/event.cfm?id=211908&cart

If anyone is going to this, hit me up and let's get dangerously drunk.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Wow, the programming schedule pages load slow as poo poo, and sometimes incomplete.

The MySched stuff is broken. Worked fine in years past. This is sad.

Foppish Yet Dashing fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 26, 2015

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Town and Country pickup was even smoother than last year. Parked at Fashion Valley, walked down the road, walked in the building, went straight to a person and got my badge, got books and bag, walked back to car.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Weirdest thing I have seen at the con so far this year: saw a ~10 year old kid kiss his mom's cleavage, pick his nose then eat the booger.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

Neraren posted:

At the The Hateful Eight panel. I could listen to Quentin Tarantino talk about the minutia of camera lenses and 70 mm film for hours. Only at Comic Con.

This is the only Hall H thing I've wanted in on for years. But I still didn't bother. It's just too much of a hassle anymore.

I read Deadline's write-up of the panel and it sounded magical. I really hope a San Diego theater ponies up and gets a 70mm projector for the film. Even then, I may still drive to LA and go to a showing at a theater where I know the projectionist will know their poo poo.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

XOIC of Radishes posted:

What's the deal with the masquerade audience chanting stuff? Some kind of tradition? Is there a script? Was watching a cast of it, so couldn't really tell what was being said or adding on because the audio was meh.

Tradition, yes. I went to it for like four years in a row. Maybe between 2001 and 2005 or something? Whenever a grip runs on stage between contestants, everyone shouts, "NINJA!" Then people shout out the names of props. Also, everyone shouts out the number of the contestant. And many other things. It's very strange but it's been commonplace for a very long time and it's part of the event.

Now, for the important part:

Did anyone yell "BEAST BOY?" Please, tell me someone yelled "BEAST BOY" and I will rest easy.

Foppish Yet Dashing fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 12, 2015

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I agree with finding him guilty of reckless driving but I don't agree with the possible sentencing of prison time. That will accomplish nothing. Though he is lucky that he wasn't found guilty of something like attempted manslaughter or assault with a deadly weapon.

I was not aware until very recently that he was a volunteer at the Con. This just perplexes me. He was aware of the convention and even attended it. He may have not been aware of the zombie walk but he was fully aware of how absurd the entire event and its attendees can be. I find it fairly unbelievable that he was actually frightened and did not put two and two together. Not to say he shouldn't have been annoyed or angered over people loving with his car, but he did not have to plow through them like a maniac.

Foppish Yet Dashing fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 5, 2015

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Strange that the waiting room is having issues when the first two (or three?) years of this process went very smooth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Good luck everyone.

• Locked thread