Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

This space intentionally left blank

Hijinks Ensue posted:

I'm missing a couple years here and there, but I make up for it by having my badges for ComiKaze (including last year when I was press) and other events.

Has anyone been to Wondercon? I'm thinking about being an exhibitor there next year for my books.

I love Wondercon. It is a little weird that it is Easter weekend if you celebrate that with your family or whatever, but take away all the poo poo you hate about SDCC and leave all the stuff you like. That is basically Wondercon. You are not going to have any of the major exclusives but you will not have the crowds either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

XOIC of Radishes posted:

Parked at mall, walking over in a bit because we're actually exploring the mall. Nice to save money and avoid traffic. Would recommend, A+++.

I was thinking of parking at Fashion Valley but they always have signs saying "No Comic Con Parking". They threaten towing people but I wonder if it ever actually happens.

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

Oz Fox posted:

It's a bit of a hike, but if you're willing to walk half a mile or so there's free all day parking on 17th between F and G streets.

Is that a parking lot or is that on the street?

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

I have walked by the Call Of Duty Black Ops 3 thing a bunch of times but i never figured out what it actually was.
This con I didn't even have a pass but there was so much going on outside I still had plenty to do. I go into the Webtoons party at Lou and Mickey's both nights which was pretty amazing. They had their own panel about amateurs/independent comics creation with Tom Akel, Marc Silvestre, and a talent agent from Marvel and then Stan Lee showed up. That is 92 and funny as poo poo!
They announced that they are doing a comic creation contest. First prize is $30,000 and you get to work with Stan Lee to develop your comic and character.

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

Exhausted, feet sore, recovering from SDCC 15 . . . When do the SDCC 16 tickets go on sale?

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

I think they banned "over-sized" strollers. It seems somewhat subjective. In the end I feel very few of the security people really give a poo poo. I think they just don't want to be bothered.

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

I'm a north county local (Rancho Bernardo). This year I just said gently caress it and did the trolley the whole weekend and it was the best decision I made. I parked at Qualcomm each time. If you are driving down anyway and you really wanted to sace some cash you could probably look at booking a room further north, out of the crisis area, for much cheaper and then do the trolley thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

When do the actual passes for normal people go on sale?

• Locked thread