Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Jawtramp posted:

What do you mean?

he doesnt like you and is trying to bully you

be the bigger man and offer your hand in friendship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

I wonder if there's somewhere else you truly belong.

The weed factory, to get some drat chill on.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Wormskull posted:

I tried recommending this to Cyra and people thought i was flaming him.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Wormskull posted:

Oh, I thought you went to Cool Cool Mountain to get your chill on!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

How do you gently caress up an emulation thread

Gas

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Eye of Widesauron posted:

How do you gently caress up an emulation thread

Gas

where have you been widestancer, you dont seem to post much anymore

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

O_O ok...

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
metal dril solid is so good

someone is taking old dril tweets and attaching them to screenshots and so many fit

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Wormskull posted:

The whole point of PS1 is it's 480p aliased warpy garbage.

ps1 is 240p

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
ps1 didn't have a z-buffer which is why everything jitters

it's neat.

stuff is weird and warpy because of some texture stuff i don't quite understand

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dagger's 240p jittery rear end texture.... :stare:

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

someone is taking old dril tweets and attaching them to screenshots and so many fit

That straight up sounds like the worst thing ever

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

Ehhh. Nah.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fargield posted:

That straight up sounds like the worst thing ever

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i didnt know it was possible to dislike dril tweets

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Dexters Secret posted:

i didnt know it was possible to dislike dril tweets

the tweets are pretty good but the mgs doesn't add anything so it's kinda dumb

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
The wii is pretty amazing for emulating anything n64 and earlier. I've got the hdmi adapter on mine.

In unrelated news my wii u pad was stolen out of my apt before moving into my house. So I have a wii u console without the pad. I don't know wtf to do with it. Can it still play games?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

BrettRobb posted:

The wii is pretty amazing for emulating anything n64 and earlier. I've got the hdmi adapter on mine.

In unrelated news my wii u pad was stolen out of my apt before moving into my house. So I have a wii u console without the pad. I don't know wtf to do with it. Can it still play games?

lol

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i don't think nintendo will sell you a pad separate or i would buy a broke as gently caress wiiu just to get one of the pads and use it on my pc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only time emulation is good is when you are playing lovely fan translated import games that you wouldn't be able to play other wise

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Doctor Goat posted:

i don't think nintendo will sell you a pad separate or i would buy a broke as gently caress wiiu just to get one of the pads and use it on my pc

I thought about buying one of those $200 refurbs and trying to flip just the console. But who the gently caress would want that

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

The only time emulation is good is when you are playing lovely fan translated import games that you wouldn't be able to play other wise

Or if the game has really bad bugs or something, or if there's a cool romhack, or if it's a game that needs something like fast forward to own, but in the last case it's probably just a bad game

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd requires a hack and didn't make it to America and even if both of those weren't the case it'd still be best to play it on an emulator because of the "two sticks" invention that non-PSP systems have

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Wormskull posted:

The only recommended emulator on God's green earth: The Nintendo Wii U! Congratulations! Wii U! You won again!

This is true, a homebrewed vWii is godlike. Its better than a Xbox considering you can even use ScummVM.

Jawtramp posted:

Don't you need to do a bunch of dumb bullshit to get this to work? It seemed like more hassle than it was worth.

The stupid bullshit of putting some files in a SD card and sticking it in your Wii U. Its not hard you sperg.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Doctor Goat posted:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

ps1 didn't have a z-buffer which is why everything jitters

it's neat.

stuff is weird and warpy because of some texture stuff i don't quite understand
I thought those were rounding errors because there's literally no space for vertices to go between those set points, as far as the playstation's concerned.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
naw, there just isn't a zbuffer at all, and the texture system is pretty much broken

this is a WIP plugin but i don't know if it's a dead project

gte accuracy lets you have non-hosed textures at least

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Which is why when ff8 came out on pc it was one of the better looking games in its day without all the wonkey ps1 poo poo holding it back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
The cost of GF is for anyone watching you through a camera to have every minor, constant tremors.

• Locked thread