Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I think people mostly hate Fire Walk With Me for being dark and very un-Twin Peaks-y. But I think the quirky humor of the show would have done a disservice to the core story of Laura Palmer's life before her murder. People who haven't seen the show tend to like it a lot more.

Twin Peaks is a sparkly happy place with darkness lurking underneath. It's a fairly positive show (I'd argue it did the happy small town thing before Parks and Recreation) but that lurking darkness is loving integral to the show, it wouldn't work without it.

Fire Walk With Me is that darkness. It's a loving crime that most Twin Peaks fans don't understand that and hate the film. It's Lynch saying "You know all that horrible stuff we were alluding to? This is it." It's great, I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Two Worlds posted:

I think he represents the world more accurately than any other filmmaker.

That's because you're insane.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

How would you compare it to FWWM's lost material? Presentation-wise, as well. The way they present FWMM deleted scenes is practically its own little weird movie.

oh poo poo, really? I think I need to pick up a FWWM blu ray

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

I'd boo crash, gently caress that garbage

but seriously, booing fire walk with me is loving lame, twin peaks fans being all butthurt that it's not like the show bums me the gently caress out, the tone of that movie is goddamn ESSENTIAL to understanding twink peaks as a whole

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

weekly font posted:

Give me this version

haha, missed that, that's a great typo

Glamorama26 posted:

I believe it was Cronenberg's Crash they booed, not the other thing.

What a fun video store mix up that would be though.

god, that's even worse, I guess canne audiences are kind of assholes, hell even the 15 minutes of clapping stories strike me as extremely odd

• Locked thread