Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TrixRabbi posted:

But I wouldn't recommend watching the movie without seeing the show. There's certain threads in the film that need the show for explanation, and while the mystery is appealing, the ending isn't nearly as satisfying without the entire series leading up to it.

It should be noted that the film was the first of a planned trilogy. I can't remember if Lynch ever expanded on what the other two films would have been about, I think David Bowie's character would have been explored more. But FWWM tanked at the box office and so the next two films never materialized. Plus MacLachlan was worried about typecasting and didn't want to only be known as Dale Cooper.

Yeah the first half of FWWM is hilarious and it only really works if you get that they are going with bizzaro Twin Peaks. The deleted scenes also show some stuff that they were going to build on like Kiefer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

"Hap's Diner" - it is like the exact opposite of RR Diner - yin and yang. I hadn't thought of it that way, but I'm sure Lynch planned it that way.

Also the police force. In Twin Peaks they were all nice and helpful while in Deer Meadow they did not want the help and seemed to get in the way as much as possible.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

precision posted:

Or you could discuss Lynch-related properties and projects in the David Lynch thread.

Anyway, as long as he's still writing it I don't much care, Twin Peaks was most notable for its writing anyway.

If only they talked about this in the OP in the rules section.

quote:

For any detailed chat regarding Twin Peaks TV series (S1 and S2 complete, S3 in development for autumn 2016 (HBOShowtime)), please go to the dedicated thread in TVIV here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3219081 As many of us check/post in that thread already, don’t feel like posters itt will miss out on your TP questions/comments when you post them there. The feature film Fire Walk With Me is definitely within this thread’s scope, so post away.

• Locked thread