Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
I think in the show it's also shown with some very unsettling music in the background, and the movement is all blurred and choppy. And sometimes Laura's mom is coming down the stairs?

That, along with the shot of the body in the house in Mulholland Dr are some of the few things that, as an adult, I thought to myself "I am going to have nightmares about this"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Watching The Straight Story after having seen most other David Lynch films is completely surreal and really demonstrates how good it is, I think. Seeing the opening titles read 'Disney pictures presents.... a film by David Lynch" is great just by itself.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Yes.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
It gets less fun and some of the more boring plots take over because the main mystery gets solved, but it's only 20-something episodes and the first 9 are still excellent. There's at least one good plot/thing in each episode though and the last few are much better, with the very last episode being incredible, one of the best of the entire show. There's a handy chart somewhere but it won't kill you to watch the whole thing.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Yeah that part is good, the boring parts are James' plot and the idea that anyone knows or cares what's going on with the mill.

• Locked thread