Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I recently watched a lotof his shorter works, and my two favorites were "The Cowboy and the Frenchman" and "Dumbland." They were both very silly, and I enjoyed them a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx8v0Deetag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYHOQ6AQ3Rc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Storm One posted:

Criterion to release Mulholland Drive Blu-Ray:

Buying that, day one.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Being mad about chapter stops on DVDs and Blu-rays is the dumbest thing.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Cool and good. posted:

this is the best part of twin peaks

Most definitely.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Yeah, apparently, he's filming it as one 18 hour movie. He's been seen filming Everett McGill lately. First time McGill's acted since 1999.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I really like the FWWM fan-edit; it's not a replacement for the movie, but it's cool. Plus, having all of Dear Meadows in sequence is cool, because I love Chester Desmond.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

The Grandmother is one of the creepiest things I've ever watched.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I haven't seen Industrial Symphony #1 or any of his short films either, just due to lack of access. :(

Most of his shorts, and his webseries "Dumbland" are on Hulu Plus. That alone makes Hulu Plus worth it.

"Dumbland" is Hilarious.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm a dumbass and I just realized The Straigjt Story was a David Lynch movie. I loved when I watched 15 years ago with my family. I should rewatch it.

It's so damned good. It's also the only Lynch production my wife enjoys. It being so un-Lynch-like being possibly the only reason.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I tried watching Inland Empire, and fell asleep. Had a lot of odd nightmares about rabbits, Polish people, The Loco-motion, and Ellie from Jurassic Park.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

InfiniteZero posted:

It's full nightmare mode Twin Peaks.

That's a great way to put it. There are times where it's my absolute favorite part of the whole thing. It gets straight up horrifying at times.

I watched Lost Highway for the first time the other day, and it may be my favorite Lynch movie. Toss-up between it and FWWM, though FWWM has the advantage of being connected to my favorite show, so I'm definitely biased toward it.

Robert Blake scared the poo poo outta me.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Alright, I rewatched Mulholland Drive for the first time since I was 18 or so. I mostly got it but what in the gently caress did the old people have to do with all of it? That poo poo lost me.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Lord Krangdar posted:

I thought they were the judges of the Jitterbug competition in Deep River who told her she could be a star someday. That's why we see the Jitterbug competition in the opening of the film, and her on stage with them.

Okay, that's the one that fits for me. That's great.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

DrVenkman posted:

So then folks, what did we think?

looooooooooved it

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

call for help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Well, I finally found it. I found my equivalent of the dumpster hobo demon from behind Winky's in Mulholland Drive, a thing that if I saw in person would make me panic so strongly I would literally die.

https://twitter.com/NOLAnews/status/960973920349368320

I hope I never see that face ever outside a tweet :stonk:

That's me.

• Locked thread