Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
David Lynch is just about one of my favorite people ever. Though I love his movies and music (I own every movie and album he's made, plus a couple books of his photography) I know relatively little about the man himself. Eraserhead is my very favorite Lynch movie (and probably my second or third favorite movie PERIOD.) I saw it back in the 90s when I was 15 or 16 and it stuck with me, HARD. Burned itself into my brain. Bought a crusty VHS copy soon after I saw it. Just realized there's a Criterion edition (of course there is) so I'll pick that up pretty soon, I'm sure.

Eraserhead is my friendship test film. We will sit and watch it, and if you enjoy it-- even if you never want to watch it again--you pass. If not, I know that I'm probably too weird to be friends with you anyways-- I'd annoy you to death before too long.

I have an Eraserhead tattoo. (forgive the bad photo, it's difficult to take a picture of your own calf)

As a general rule Lynch's work is slow and contemplative, but I enjoy his slowest, darkest work most of all-- on that vein, his short series 'Rabbits' is right behind Eraserhead as my favorite Lynch 'thing'. Blue Velvet is also way up there-- my husband and I love to quote Dennis Hopper's lines. They're appropriate in almost any situation.

I bought Straight Story because of Lynch, and it is honestly an enjoyable movie-- but I would have never known it was his!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
And I'm sure everyone knows this already but just in case; check out the video game Deadly Premonition. It's essentially Twin Peaks: the video game, and has a lot of excellent Lynchian subtext floating around.

• Locked thread