Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheIndividual
Apr 22, 2010

Ausmund posted:

If I like Lynch what other films/albums would I like? A lot of mainstream stuff that's suppose to be good like Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad bores and disappoints me. I feel like Lynch is a gateway to a world of quality and artistic integrity. I'm enticed by stuff that's raw and evokes emotion.

Let's see here...

Albums (from light to dark):
Mount Eerie - Wind's Poem
Portishead - Third
Liars - Drums Not Dead
Swans - The Seer and To Be Kind
Scott Walker - The Drift

Those all give me some of the same feelings I get from watching Lynch films, though I suppose a few of them don't "sound" like Lynch. The Mount Eerie album directly samples a theme from Twin Peaks, so maybe it's the closest. They're all a little dreamy and nightmarish at points.

Films tend to be a little harder to place. Nobody does it quite like Lynch, though some try, and they usually fail pretty horribly. Some recent ones that I've thought were more successful than most are The Enemy, Nightcrawler, Under the Skin, Kill List, and Zodiac.

Edit: Oh, I'd also highly recommend watching Hannibal if you're looking for a TV show. That one hits every spot.

TheIndividual fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread