Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Seeing what you guys say about Fire makes it sound so amazing, if only I could fine the time to watch the series. I take it I shouldn't spoil myself and watch Fire first right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Oh no I'm at episode 3 of TP and love it, I just need to watch it instead of sleeping or playing games in my free time. I'm just really anticipating FWWM, sounds like my kinda jam.

I've watched every Lynch movie but Inland Empire Eraserhead, and Blue Velvet. I own them too but I'm lazy. Lost Highway is my favorite so far.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's one of those movies that actually really simple that fools you into thinking they'res more to it than what's there.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Quote-Unquote posted:

At the very least you should watch up until half way through season 2, at the point where there's a big reveal about what happened to Laura. It kinda takes a nosedive in quality for a little while after that (do not feel bad about fast forwarding through basically any scene with James in it) and there's an abruptly introduced new 'villain' who is pretty drat stupid, though the finale is incredible and really, really should be watched.

If you watch FWWM without at least watching up to the big reveal in the series, you will probably regret it. A big part of the appeal of FWWM, for me at least, is how very different it is from the series. All the charm, quirkiness and loveable nature is just shot to pieces, and you're left with a bleak, miserable and often terrifying view of the town you've grown to love - because now you're seeing it from Laura's point of view.

Ok I'm at episode 3 of season 2 and things are different and weird. Different in a bad way with a lot more comedy but the weird is good. Thinking i'm gonna wait til the reveal then watch the movie, maybe watching a summary of the rest of season 2. Anticipating the movie so such if what I saw in episode 2 is a preview of the movie.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ok i'll watch it all, I trust both of you that its worth it. Gonna be another couple days.

Oh and Jesus James is already pushing my patience with these scenes.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Holy loving poo poo.

That....screaming....will stay with me for awhile. Creepiest poo poo i've seen in awhile. How the gently caress is the 3rd season even....I don't know. I'm about to watch the movie. Jesus Christ.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

You're talking Larua Palmer in the black lodge?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ok watching the movie and I already could see that was Donna trying to emulate Laura through the series but the movie making that very explicit was something I didn't think about.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The movie was awesome and my expectations were kinda off. I expected brutal deaths but what he did made them way more impactful.

Now to start Season 3 on Hulu.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I really liked Bobby watching the series. He was the most...realistic character. I could understand everything he did in all his situations. He wasn't a saint but he wasn't an rear end in a top hat and that's hard to pull off.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The man who's name I forgot with the camera, the entire first part, RAMMESTEIN, or the hotel did nothing for you? That movie had a lot of memorable moments that add up to something special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

One thing I wish for is for Lynch to do just a hard horror movie because he's so effortlessly good at creating it. I can just see a picture of Robert Blake in LH or anything from the Black Lodge and the scenes instantly pop in my mind and creep me out.

• Locked thread