Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Fyadophobic posted:

One thing that I really like about Lynch is his repetition of common elements and themes:

Lynch also uses a motif of serious head trauma in most of his works, especially with characters with profound mental issues. This starts as early as Eraserhead, with Jack Nance hallucinating his own severed broken head on the street (also a possible combination with the doppelganger theme). Other examples are when it appears in Twin Peaks as Leland's method of suicide in jail, and in a pretty extreme fashion in Wild at Heart in the form of Willem Dafoe's head turning into a flying bowl of chunky soup in a bag after an unfortunate shotgun mishap .

Fyadophobic posted:

Does anybody have any thoughts on his use of the color blue as a "mystical" color?

The spotlight that illuminates otherworldly/supernatural events throughout Fire Walk with Me is pretty harsh and white, but has a faint bluish tinge to it. It's subtle but it's noticeable as a contrast to the muted earth tones used in the rest of the town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread