Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I imagine most of the people in this thread have already read this, but just in case:

http://www.lynchnet.com/lh/lhpremiere.html

One of my favorite DFW pieces, and some great insight on Lynch from a man who didn't even get to interview him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Just got back from a Lynch-inspired art exhibit. They had a projector showing some of his older stuff on a loop, so I got to see some things I'd never seen before like Alphabet and The Grandmother. Seeing Six Men Getting Sick (Six Times) projected onto a giant wall with the air raid sirens cranked up was very cool.

They also had a separate lounge that they turned into the Black Lodge (you had to walk through a miniature maze of red curtains with a strobe light going off to get there) where they had a band playing smooth jazz, and they had a group doing performance art in the corner.

Last but not least, a fine arts gallery where they served complimentary coffee and cherry pie. I was hoping for more art that was "inspired" by Lynch, rather than 90% of it being "here's a painting of Lynch / scenes from his work," but it was still really cool. Most of it was depicting Twin Peaks, which wasn't really a surprise. Oddly enough, the rest was almost entirely split between Dune and Elephant Man.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Six Men Getting Sick is pretty cool, too. I saw it at a Lynch-inspired art exhibit where they had a room set aside to project his short films. Seeing that one on a huge screen and with those sirens really blaring really gave me a better appreciation for it.

• Locked thread