Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Watching Mulholland Drive in the middle of the night as an impressionable 17 year old just getting into less mainstream fare was pretty much my defining moment as far as films go. I don't know that it'll ever leave my top 10.

Just a small correction for the OP - Twin Peaks reboot will air on Showtime, not HBO :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I would say Blue Velvet is the best starting point for Lynch's movies. I started with Eraserhead and didn't have a good time before moving on to BV and Mulholland and properly getting into him. These days Eraserhead is my second-favourite film of his.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like kind of a simpleton.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is such a good list

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just watch the drat movie

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I would love to read more on IE. I can pretty much only watch it as a mood piece.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think they meant the original

But yes, watch it all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I probably won't ever watch Dune because I don't like hard sci-fi and it sounds real bad. I think I can handle that one gap in Lynch's filmography.

• Locked thread