Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's a loving crime that Dune was so boring, especially since Jodorowsky's Dune made it seem like that could've been the craziest sci-fi movie ever made. Although that wasn't going to happen, but still, with Lynch and some of his favorite actors at the helm, it should've been better than it was.

Elephant Man, Wild at Heart and The Straight Story are all wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Dune, which is unquestionably my least favorite Lynch film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SleepCousinDeath posted:

Dune, Lost Highway and Inland Empire are the only Lynch films I have left to see. I don't know which one to start with.
Watch Inland Empire last lol

It's only for the most hardcore of Lynch fans, and even then it's not easy to watch.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Seeing Mother! reminded me of how David Lynch would describe what IE was about when asked. All he'd say was it was about "a woman in trouble", which, yeah, in the most basic terms imaginable, that's what it's about, though it's way deeper and more heavily nuanced than just that. You could say the same for Mother!

Mother! is also about a woman in trouble, though that doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of what it's about.

I feel like telling someone to watch IE or Mother! with only that as a plot description would be a masterful troll. They'd have no clue what they were in for.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Much like Inland Empire, it's one of the most Lynchian things Lynch has ever done and it's super inaccessible to anyone but hardcore Lynch fans a lot of the time. That said, it loving rules and I love it more and more the more I think about it. It's kind of insane that something like that was allowed to exist at all in 2017.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Robert Blake stuff is incredibly creepy and made even creepier by the fact that that actor murdered his wife in real life :stonk:

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-QnnLudkQA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well, I finally found it. I found my equivalent of the dumpster hobo demon from behind Winky's in Mulholland Drive, a thing that if I saw in person would make me panic so strongly I would literally die.

https://twitter.com/NOLAnews/status/960973920349368320

I hope I never see that face ever outside a tweet :stonk:

• Locked thread