Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I liked the running gag of them constantly turning to look at us the viewer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well yeah its a shaft show

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

They ate a dozen plates of at least six different preparations of omurice. These are three Japanese middle-schoolers we're talking about. :stare:

That's quite an impressive display of eating, to say the least.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can only assume they're like judges on Masterchef, they only try a couple of mouthfuls before moving onto the next dish.
Otherwise I'm pretty sure they just ate their own body weight in food.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Anime metabolism is a wondrous sight to behold.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys
The yakuza-looking cashier was the best thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=016KY3BoSco

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Polikarpov posted:

He's more a former Bancho Yankee than a Yakuza

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What the hell are 'potstickers' and why did they translate gyoza to that? :psyduck:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

dumplings for white people

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

It's a pretty common translation that I've seen on like, frozen dumplings at supermarkets.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

glomkettle posted:

It's a pretty common translation that I've seen on like, frozen dumplings at supermarkets.

yeah, I had heard that term long before I ever heard them referred to as gyoza.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

All this gyoza and potsticker talk is just making me hungry for some yaki mandus.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guess it must be an American thing.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

AnacondaHL posted:

dumplings for white people
Dumplings can have a much different meaning in southern cooking, where they're dough balls often used in soup.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Paracelsus posted:

Dumplings can have a much different meaning in southern cooking, where they're dough balls often used in soup.

I was thrown for a loop when I first heard about those things. I had only ever known the filling in dough kind, and was really confused as to why you would want them in stew.

For me, pot stickers always bring to mind pan fried dumplings, as opposed to boiled or deep fried ones. I had no idea it might be a north american term though.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Gyoza is the Japanese name for a Chinese dish so why would you be surprised that there's another name for it?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

This is the cutest show about food.

Shiina's family is pretty nice.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is pretty much the only show I'm watching this season so far, though I really should start on DRRR. It reminds me of last year's "Is Your Order a Rabbit" in that the two of them are harmless and chill animes about sisterhood and friendship.

Also I was tempted to recreate Ryou's convenience store menu last Thursday, which was fun.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The mom has the same voice actor as Yoshinoya-sensei, and it's great.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mikl posted:

I don't think she squeaks when she walks, though.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Paracelsus posted:

I don't think she squeaks when she walks, though.

Kirin's got that part covered already.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mikl posted:

I knew I recognised her voice from somewhere.
This show is actually a pretty cute SoL now that it seems to have almost completely dropped the weird eating stuff.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This show has the best next episode previews.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Taberu~ Tsukuru~ Tsukuru~ Taberu~ Taberu~ Tsukuru~ Futari dubidu ba! Tsukuru~ Tsukuru~ Taberu~ Taberu~ Warau~ Warau~ Futari dubidu ba! Taberu~ Tsukuru~ Tsukuru? Taberu! Tsukuru? Taberu! Tsukuru~ Futari dubidu ba! Tsukuru~ Tsukuru~ Taberu! Taberu? Tsukuru~ Warau~ Futari dubidu ba! Taberu~ Tsukuru~ Tsukuru~ Taberu~ Taberu~ Tsukuru~ Futari dubidu ba! Tsukuru~ Tsukuru~ Taberu~ Taberu~ Warau~ Warau~ Futari dubidu ba! Taberu~ Tsukuru~ Tsukuru? Taberu! Tsukuru? Taberu! Tsukuru~ Futari dubidu ba! Tsukuru~ Tsukuru~ Taberu! Taberu? Tsukuru~ Warau~ Futari dubidu ba! Taberu~ Tsukuru~ Tsukuru~ Taberu~ Taberu~ Tsukuru~ Futari dubidu ba! Tsukuru~ Tsukuru~ Taberu~ Taberu~ Warau~ Warau~ Futari dubidu ba! Taberu~ Tsukuru~ Tsukuru? Taberu! Tsukuru? Taberu! Tsukuru~ Futari dubidu ba! Tsukuru~ Tsukuru~ Taberu! Taberu? Tsukuru~ Warau~ Futari dubidu ba! Taberu~ Tsukuru~ Tsukuru~ Taberu~ Taberu~ Tsukuru~ Futari dubidu ba! Tsukuru~ Tsukuru~ Taberu~ Taberu~ Warau~ Warau~ Futari dubidu ba! Taberu~ Tsukuru~ Tsukuru? Taberu! Tsukuru? Taberu! Tsukuru~ Futari dubidu ba! Tsukuru~ Tsukuru~ Taberu! Taberu? Tsukuru~ Warau~ Futari dubidu ba! Taberu~ Tsukuru~ Tsukuru~ Taberu~ Taberu~ Tsukuru~ Futari dubidu ba! Tsukuru~ Tsukuru~ Taberu~ Taberu~ Warau~ Warau~ Futari dubidu ba! Taberu~ Tsukuru~ Tsukuru? Taberu! Tsukuru? Taberu! Tsukuru~ Futari dubidu ba! Tsukuru~ Tsukuru~ Taberu! Taberu? Tsukuru~ Warau~ Futari dubidu ba! Taberu~ Tsukuru~ Tsukuru~ Taberu~ Taberu~ Tsukuru~ Futari dubidu ba! Tsukuru~ Tsukuru~ Taberu~ Taberu~ Warau~ Warau~ Futari dubidu ba! Taberu~ Tsukuru~ Tsukuru? Taberu! Tsukuru? Taberu! Tsukuru~ Futari dubidu ba! Tsukuru~ Tsukuru~ Taberu! Taberu? Tsukuru~ Warau~ Futari dubidu ba!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I loved how the mother commented on how they eat.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Polikarpov posted:

This was the best end credits yet, I hope there's more bancho cashier in the future.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

I hope they're all noticeably chubbier by the end of the show.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Yay! I finally caught up. That most recent episode had a lot of fan service, though

Also, I made a lot of gifs while catching up today, but some of them are really big, so I'm just going to link to an album of them.

http://imgur.com/a/wLEZk

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Of all the Grand Eating Adventures they've had, that was the one that gave them stomach aches?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The only thing about Koufuku Graffiti that bugs me is that in Japan, the fillings for a convenience store triangle rice ball is in the center. In Korea, the non-rice stuff is always right between the rice and the seaweed. Also I did not realize it was a thing to break them in half and eat the fillings and the rice ball separately, but then again, you're apparently supposed to eat the meat and rice separately when eating beef bowls, too?

It's just weird.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
^Nothing you said is true.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib
Tsuyuko is the best.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kirin's meat bag is the best.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Bumping this thread with the incredibly important news that official lyrics for the PV song are out

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Groundbreaking.

e:
Whoever wrote this is the Bob Dylan of Japan.

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 26, 2015

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Episode 8 is the most :3: episode so far. That was the happiest Ryo's ever been while eating something.

Though it is sorta sad how Ryo needs emotional attachment in order to be able to enjoy food.

I feel like no next episode preview has managed to surpass episode 4 so far, though.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Just watched the second episode. SO MANY HEAD TILTS.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Just got around to watching ep. 9. They have been eating things for a year. I'm pretty sure that that is physically impossible, and they shall burst.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What if they only eat on the weekends, when Kirin is around. Maybe that's why they don't explode.

On a side note, this week's preview was pretty cool.

Also, this week's episode kinda gave the 'last episode' or 'penultimate episode' vibe which got me worried for a second until I remembered that we were still just on episode 9.

Please tell me this doesn't end on episode 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I think "penultimate" is my favorite word. But no, it seems to be slated for 12.

• Locked thread