Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I think "penultimate" is my favorite word. But no, it seems to be slated for 12.

There could be an OVA! Also, marveling at SHAFT's BD fixes is an experience of its own and should be counted as an episode. So, potentially 14 in total!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like that word too, but I don't really have many chances to use it. Also, that's a relief. This is literally the only anime I'm watching this season because I'm too lazy and unmotivated to tread new waters or return to old ones (DRR!!).

On a side note, did Shingeki no Souma start this entire eating orgasm fad? I don't recall earlier cooking manga being like that. Granted, I only have Iron Wok Jan and Shouta no Sushi to go off of.

Granted, Dagashi Kashi is more gag then actual food orgasms.

Also, what the gently caress.

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2006/09/12/2006091261026.html

quote:

Japanese comic books are all the rage among salarymen and civil servants here, not least because some Korean firms have put them on the compulsory reading list for executives.

"Shota No Sushi (Mr. King of Sushi)" is king.

Granted this is like a decade ago but wow, that manga's influence is far wider than I thought. Though I read that it was far more popular in Korea than in Japan, which is why the author created a special chapter that took place in Korea after the National Tournament series. I think there's a World Tournament series now? Which seems pretty weird cause you'd think the Japanese representative would handily beat everyone else in a sushi tournament. Then again, Iron Wok Jan was about Chinese food but Jan crushed a bunch of Chinese dudes.

EDIT: gently caress, I use the word granted a lot.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Newest episode is up and we finally learn about the mysterious downstairs neighbor.

Also, Japanese pizza looks cool. I want to try the Yakiniku pizza.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Watched the most recent two episodes. Still an alright show, though two episodes back-to-back might be a bit much. What else is a man to do whilst awaiting Shirobako?

The downstairs neighbor was super annoying, but I liked how she got into the weird food thing they've got going on. Heck, I suppose "that weird food thing they've got going on" is pretty much the central conceit of the show. Perhaps less central than "moe." I guess I just like it when folks comment on our main characters' strange reactions to flavors/textures.

The second episode was alright, but only tangentially related to food. I feel a bit disappointed. I imagine that Ryou's parents are just rolling around in a pile of cocaine. Terrible Mexican drug lord parents.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The latest episode felt the most Shaft-ish so far. Not that I'm really sure what being Shaft-ish constitutes, but I'm pretty sure this episode was it.

I want Tsukyuko-san to make me cutlet sandwiches.

Actually, doesn't need to be her. I just want to eat cutlet sandwiches.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I don't think it had nearly enough head tilts, random cuts to kanji on monochromatic backgrounds, and Shinbo's head to be peak Shaft. Then again, I might have been a tipsy, tired, and stretching during it and therefore missed these things. Heck, I'm still two of these.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh, I don't mean peak Shaft-ness, I just meant the most Shaft that this series has been so far, with Kirin's imagination spots, the inner dialogues, etc. etc.

I'm not very up on what's completely Shaft since I've only watched the SZS, M+H, and -monogatari series.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I don't think it had nearly enough head tilts, random cuts to kanji on monochromatic backgrounds, and Shinbo's head to be peak Shaft. Then again, I might have been a tipsy, tired, and stretching during it and therefore missed these things. Heck, I'm still two of these.

As someone subbing it tipsy and hunting for the aesthetics which made me do things I didn't want to: This ain't it, way too honest. I feel sorry and drat you faggosaurus that it isn't, but eh, it's life.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
Well, it finally happened. Ryou put on weight

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Mandoric posted:

As someone subbing it tipsy and hunting for the aesthetics which made me do things I didn't want to: This ain't it, way too honest. I feel sorry and drat you faggosaurus that it isn't, but eh, it's life.

I'm sorry, I tried, but I can't parse this.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

unpronounceable posted:

Well, it finally happened. Ryou put on weight

Yep. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edit: by the way
http://www.theoriginalsushipillow.com/ebinigiri.html

Lucy Heartfilia fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 29, 2015

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
That was a good anime. Now I want an anime about what Ryou's parents do.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Strong Mouse posted:

That was a good anime. Now I want an anime about what Ryou's parents do.

Ryou would have to kill you if you ever found out.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Good bye my favorite anime of this season.

You made me happy, and now that you are gone I am sad.

Ah well, I've got Ore Monogatari to look forward to.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Finally got to the last episode. Solid moe SoL to the end. I like how they danced around the fact that their downstairs neighbor is totally going to be their HS teacher. I'm OK with it being setup for a second season, and I'm OK with it being a simple running gag.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

For once a lesbian anime where the girls get to live together happily ever after.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

It was a fun ride and I hope there is a second season. I also love traditional Japanese food. The pizza episode was an abomination.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Finished watching this over the weekend. Fun to watch and made me hungry for food all the time. Hope we get more later on. The level of detail on all the food was ridiculous and I loved every minute of it.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
It's pretty neat to see a cooking thing that's just someone cooking something normal in their kitchen, instead of cooking competitions and stuff. Also the pizza bit was great, because people putting ridiculous stuff on pizza is always funny to me.

I noticed in the last episode that grandma's portrait changed like five times: has she been doing that in the background the entire time?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Zenostein posted:

I noticed in the last episode that grandma's portrait changed like five times: has she been doing that in the background the entire time?

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
It also went from black and white to colour.

• Locked thread