Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is pretty much the only show I'm watching this season so far, though I really should start on DRRR. It reminds me of last year's "Is Your Order a Rabbit" in that the two of them are harmless and chill animes about sisterhood and friendship.

Also I was tempted to recreate Ryou's convenience store menu last Thursday, which was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This show has the best next episode previews.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The only thing about Koufuku Graffiti that bugs me is that in Japan, the fillings for a convenience store triangle rice ball is in the center. In Korea, the non-rice stuff is always right between the rice and the seaweed. Also I did not realize it was a thing to break them in half and eat the fillings and the rice ball separately, but then again, you're apparently supposed to eat the meat and rice separately when eating beef bowls, too?

It's just weird.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Episode 8 is the most :3: episode so far. That was the happiest Ryo's ever been while eating something.

Though it is sorta sad how Ryo needs emotional attachment in order to be able to enjoy food.

I feel like no next episode preview has managed to surpass episode 4 so far, though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What if they only eat on the weekends, when Kirin is around. Maybe that's why they don't explode.

On a side note, this week's preview was pretty cool.

Also, this week's episode kinda gave the 'last episode' or 'penultimate episode' vibe which got me worried for a second until I remembered that we were still just on episode 9.

Please tell me this doesn't end on episode 10.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like that word too, but I don't really have many chances to use it. Also, that's a relief. This is literally the only anime I'm watching this season because I'm too lazy and unmotivated to tread new waters or return to old ones (DRR!!).

On a side note, did Shingeki no Souma start this entire eating orgasm fad? I don't recall earlier cooking manga being like that. Granted, I only have Iron Wok Jan and Shouta no Sushi to go off of.

Granted, Dagashi Kashi is more gag then actual food orgasms.

Also, what the gently caress.

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2006/09/12/2006091261026.html

quote:

Japanese comic books are all the rage among salarymen and civil servants here, not least because some Korean firms have put them on the compulsory reading list for executives.

"Shota No Sushi (Mr. King of Sushi)" is king.

Granted this is like a decade ago but wow, that manga's influence is far wider than I thought. Though I read that it was far more popular in Korea than in Japan, which is why the author created a special chapter that took place in Korea after the National Tournament series. I think there's a World Tournament series now? Which seems pretty weird cause you'd think the Japanese representative would handily beat everyone else in a sushi tournament. Then again, Iron Wok Jan was about Chinese food but Jan crushed a bunch of Chinese dudes.

EDIT: gently caress, I use the word granted a lot.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The latest episode felt the most Shaft-ish so far. Not that I'm really sure what being Shaft-ish constitutes, but I'm pretty sure this episode was it.

I want Tsukyuko-san to make me cutlet sandwiches.

Actually, doesn't need to be her. I just want to eat cutlet sandwiches.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh, I don't mean peak Shaft-ness, I just meant the most Shaft that this series has been so far, with Kirin's imagination spots, the inner dialogues, etc. etc.

I'm not very up on what's completely Shaft since I've only watched the SZS, M+H, and -monogatari series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Good bye my favorite anime of this season.

You made me happy, and now that you are gone I am sad.

Ah well, I've got Ore Monogatari to look forward to.

• Locked thread