Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I finally got around to the first couple episodes. I enjoyed them about as much as I might have expected given Shaft/Shinbo, but it's not nearly as lewd as I might have expected given Shaft/Shinbo. I guess this can be my chill SoL of the season.

PS keep the gifs coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Jesus Christ, they eat so much.

Also, runny eggs and ketchup is eerily like a Denny's. All they need is cigarette butts.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I loved how the mother commented on how they eat.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Of all the Grand Eating Adventures they've had, that was the one that gave them stomach aches?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Groundbreaking.

e:
Whoever wrote this is the Bob Dylan of Japan.

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 26, 2015

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Just got around to watching ep. 9. They have been eating things for a year. I'm pretty sure that that is physically impossible, and they shall burst.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I think "penultimate" is my favorite word. But no, it seems to be slated for 12.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Watched the most recent two episodes. Still an alright show, though two episodes back-to-back might be a bit much. What else is a man to do whilst awaiting Shirobako?

The downstairs neighbor was super annoying, but I liked how she got into the weird food thing they've got going on. Heck, I suppose "that weird food thing they've got going on" is pretty much the central conceit of the show. Perhaps less central than "moe." I guess I just like it when folks comment on our main characters' strange reactions to flavors/textures.

The second episode was alright, but only tangentially related to food. I feel a bit disappointed. I imagine that Ryou's parents are just rolling around in a pile of cocaine. Terrible Mexican drug lord parents.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I don't think it had nearly enough head tilts, random cuts to kanji on monochromatic backgrounds, and Shinbo's head to be peak Shaft. Then again, I might have been a tipsy, tired, and stretching during it and therefore missed these things. Heck, I'm still two of these.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Mandoric posted:

As someone subbing it tipsy and hunting for the aesthetics which made me do things I didn't want to: This ain't it, way too honest. I feel sorry and drat you faggosaurus that it isn't, but eh, it's life.

I'm sorry, I tried, but I can't parse this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Finally got to the last episode. Solid moe SoL to the end. I like how they danced around the fact that their downstairs neighbor is totally going to be their HS teacher. I'm OK with it being setup for a second season, and I'm OK with it being a simple running gag.

• Locked thread