Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

We Europeans are classy, dignified and discrete about our pride. American nationalism is like the nouveau riche. Tacky, overblown, overconfident.

A subtle patronizing look and asking about your health care system in perfect, fluent English is all it takes to shoot down your American flag underwear "argument". Seriously, do you even lift, bro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

Yeah we we really just mopped up the survivors. Plagues brought from Europe did the bulk of the work

You are 17th century Europe's crotch spawn just as much as I am, so I'm not sure where you are going with this argument. Your own family not good enough for you, eh?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Things we didn't miss: Dresden, Hiroshima.

I have been in Dresden, it's a really nice city. Not really impressed with your work there.

Take a walk around Machu Pichu if you want to see how things are done in the real world.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

davidb posted:

What about dresden?

Hiroshima was a major success story.

1) overall lowered casualties for both sides had the war dragged on conventionally. America attacked at pearl harbor had no obligation to play fair at the game of war.

2) with american influence japan, korea, germany all nations we were involved in militarily grew to be the dominant economies around the world.

Youll have to try harder to bash america unfortunately.

Focus more on guantanimo, torture, unprovoked war with iraq, nsa spying or something.

I'm here to condescendingly educate you about your own countries history, something that your school system is clearly unable to do. Please read the following paragraph with a strong, patronizing German accent:

The only important factor in Japans surrender was the war entry of the Soviet Union and the complete defeat of Japans mainland forces by the Red Army. This is when Japan offered a surrender. All that atomic bomb stuff happened after that, presumably because you wanted to get a few round off into Japans corpse before the war was over.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

crabcakes66 posted:

Damned if we do. Damned if we don't.

Although I do find it interesting that Europeans overwhelmingly want the US military out of Europe. And yet we are supposed to be the ones that intervene in their own back yard. I think Europe likes it that way. You can call on America to do the heavy lifting and then blame us when it all goes to poo poo.

Nah Europe is fine with US troops stationed here.

You showed some real nice leadership and character during ww2. Some people over here in Europe, and I'm not calling names, had a temporary slip of sanity and tried to make soap, lamp shades and and u-boat socks out of the rest. You really came through and helped us deal with this situation. You earned the right to wear that crown and all the benefits and responsibilities that come with it.

We don't really care about your flag, the American dream or all that other tacky cultists crap. Just do your job as the King right. You showed some really lovely performance in the last decade and trust in your abilities and sanity took a serious blow.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

computer parts posted:

When the rhetoric up till then had been "you guys need to let the world manage its own affairs", yes it was.

You should have let Iraq manage its own affairs. You should not have let Lydia manage her own affairs.

You can make bad decisions and good decisions. That can make you a good policeman or a bad policemen.

You can also make ice cream in your own fridge at home!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

out of character:

Wait, you guys do know that this is a troll thread from gbs, right? Everyone is still doing satire? Just wanted to make sure that we are still on the same page. Heil Hilter!

• Locked thread