Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Australian pride is growing, mostly through the avenue of troop worship, which turned a national day of remembrance into Australia Day 2: Australia Harder. Public Australian pride out of those days however is still very much the domain of people who like bashing other people because they look different, and pretty much everyone agrees that making your school kids say a pledge to a flag is creepy/sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

davidb posted:

Show me a more succesful democracy and Ill show you how your wrong. I know its cool, hip to poo poo talk America. But your really on the losing team in that argument.

Feel free to point out what America has done wrong but by most measures they are #1

What do you mean most successful democracy? Are there countries without democracies that are more successful than the U.S. Or do the U.S. Government representatives represent its citizens values and voting intentions more than other democracies or something?

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

davidb posted:

Well besides america being #1 by most measurements. Or if not #1 then very high up there. So not only are they the most successful democracy their also most successful of any type of government/economy

When i say most successful democracy i mean if you stacked all pros vs all cons.

Whatever measurements we use keep in mind the US shoulders the burden of generally maintaining world peace. So much so that europe has almost completely dismantled their own militaries. Their able to pocket the gdp savings and use them for social services. Which has made europe the most peaceful its been since ww2.

They have done this with full confidence in America protecting them from Russia who otherwise would easily swept thru.

Amrica has missteped with its military might. But overall the whole world trusts them to act responsibly and to protect everyone to the point where almost all militaries have been mostly dismantled.

Now china is rising and will overtake america(or maybe it will flounder under corruption and old people retiring bubble with environmental problems).

And china is building a military. Thats a country that people dont trust so asian countries are building back up. But overall i would point to the overall peace in the world compared to all of human history and i would mostly attribute that to americas success as a democracy/military that people trust

Thank you. This post is my response to the op.

• Locked thread