Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Ah yes, the treasured "we had to nuke the Japs, they were going to resist us in a grueling ground campaign and 1 million GIs would have perished."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

you have no idea what those words mean and not a single ounce of perspective, try surfing wikipedia or something

Maybe the slaves and Indians should have surfed Wikipedia, to find out what authoritarianism is.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Who wouldn't be proud of America? Quakers, jazz, MLK, etc.

Wait do you mean you're proud of the government? :laffo:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

davidb posted:

you cant give a straight answer can you? are all countries evil incarnate? If not then which country do you think has been a more positive influence on the world? If you cant answer that then why are you arguing America isnt that country? You must have an alternate option or else your just wasting time

The government of the United States is the most evil in all history. The true people of the United States are the greatest in history, moral tutors to all mankind. Today is the greatest holiday for morally correct Americans. The holiday for wicked, base servants of capital is the day after Thanksgiving.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

davidb posted:

if your going to troll youll need to be less obvious.

davidb posted:

You know whos breaking the right eggs? Egyptian president El sisi.

Note: I would literally be imprisoned in Egypt for creating this.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

davidb posted:

sure if your a natural shitter

what country is a better influence on the world than America?

so? Sisi is getting poo poo done that needs done. The middle east is such a poo poo hole the guys best suited for the job are monsters by western standards. We didnt like saddam hussein but he kept all those muslim sand eaters in line.

Now their loose on their own and just chopping each others heads off because the guy 50 miles down the road read one of the koran sentences different.

If theres less or none, freedom of speech in egypt beucase the man stopping the muslims trying to destroy yet another country doesnt have our value system. And he has to take tough action to get them back under control then so be it. then so be it. I dont expect anyone else could have gotten the job done.

See, I dont let perfect be the obstacle of the good. You guys on the other hand demand jesus or ghandi are the only acceptable solutions to the real world problems

Muslim sand eaters?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Zeroisanumber posted:

"Cup of tea" sounds too British. Your idioms need more America.

I don't think he could really make his posts any more American. An eagle would fly out of my laptop's SD slot.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Smudgie Buggler posted:

Do Americans think the Society of Friends has its origins in the colonies or something?

I thought about it, thought about you complaining and posted it anyway.

If'n you chase 'em off we get to claim 'em.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

wateroverfire posted:

Nation states are pretty awesome if you live in the right one. A world state, or a state of anarchy, would suck.

Let's work together to suppress the forces of anarchy.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Hey, this empire is a majestic force for order and human development. Everyone has their place OK? Your place is getting raped to death by a donkey in an arena.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

VitalSigns posted:

What is this hard-on for wars? Nobody in power gives a poo poo if Saddam is "killing his own people". That, and the rah rah USA flag-waving poo poo is just the excuse the rich and powerful use to trick the poor into dying for them. That you can look at the tyrants and mass murderers America buddies up with (and/or installs) and then say "oh but we should believe the politicians when they're very concerned with a genocide in one particular country" is astonishing.

Cargo cult level poo poo. People have heard so many fake humanitarian justifications for war that they think those justifications apply in cases where war would bring no benefit to US hegemony.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

wateroverfire posted:

Not to mention that US hegemony is still pretty useful and the world is a better place than it would be if for instance China had a more dominant role. Many of the potential poles in a multipolar world are tbh rather unsavory entities you would not want having equal say in world affairs.

It's a good thing US hegemony staves off the influence of unsavory entities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

asdf32 posted:

How close are we to the point where the counter culture position is patriotism? Hating America is getting pretty status quo in some circles.

Well, my grandfather swam across the Puyallup River to protest for Indian fishing rights, taught Shakespeare and Afro-American Studies and got angry as gently caress hatemail postcards from random birchers in 1968. I was basically forced to become a Harry Browne libertarian in order to rebel.

• Locked thread