Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheIneff
Feb 7, 2006

BEEP BOOP BEEEEEP

davidb posted:

but he kept all those muslim sand eaters in line.

Lovin' it.

Anyway one narrative you're imposing onto people's criticisms here is that they somehow work as an implicit statement of support for an alternative, Gandhian-Tolstoyan Earthly Dream State.

They're not. The USG isn't a mean kid at band camp. It's a violent and powerful hegemon seeking to maintain it's dominance by pretty much any means necessary and there's no other way to look at it's impact accurately unless that's your given starting point. You and yours have personally benefited from this but that's because of how the chips were laid out before you were even a thought, not some sort of essentialized commentary on the inherent do-goodedness of the USG that works for everyone or even most people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIneff
Feb 7, 2006

BEEP BOOP BEEEEEP

davidb posted:

whatever complaints we may have against America those 3 things puts the US firmly in the most influential, good, #1 nation in all of history

I don't really care whether or not you're being genuine at this point but if it's one thing I'll say is I'm glad that the USG is competent enough of a ruthlessly practical machine of domination to keep out the true, fanatically delusional such as yourself. Well, most of the time at least.

TheIneff fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 20, 2015

TheIneff
Feb 7, 2006

BEEP BOOP BEEEEEP

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Nah bro. Shooting people who try to escape the country is the hallmark of a global force for good.

Literally the only majorly problematic thing he wrote in that post.

TheIneff
Feb 7, 2006

BEEP BOOP BEEEEEP

davidb posted:

You still cant name which country has been a greater good influence on the world. Youll try anything not to answer the question. A worm on a hook. Squirming every which way to avoid the straight answer. This all must be very painful for you. Youve been stewing in your america is evil juice for so long youve gone blind.

I do like barrel rolls though

Cuba. Oh wait, for some reason they don't count to you???

Look at you uh, squirming and making up rules as you go along like some slimey, squirm-creature slithering slovenly slow. Like a worm-sloth, or a Centisquish.

TheIneff
Feb 7, 2006

BEEP BOOP BEEEEEP
The USSR had a pretty good track record of giving material support to decolonization efforts across the world if all you're looking for with validity is sheer scope.

TheIneff
Feb 7, 2006

BEEP BOOP BEEEEEP
lol are you just going to ignore what I said about the USSR because even using your sliding scale of notability it still fits your (current) criterion (maybe not after the next post?)

TheIneff fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jan 20, 2015

TheIneff
Feb 7, 2006

BEEP BOOP BEEEEEP
idk dude I think not being colonized is p. sweet and so do lots of other people!

TheIneff
Feb 7, 2006

BEEP BOOP BEEEEEP

davidb posted:

Ah the you moved the goal posts defense. That and you didnt understand me your reading comprehension sucks are the 2 best forum tantrum responses i see.

Im sure your russia comment was as worthless as the nazi germany and cuba votes so i didnt give it any attention. Want to try again? I might pay attention this time

Ah the "what the gently caress are you saying/are you high-posting?" defense. A classic trounce, sure showed me!

http://history.state.gov/milestones/1945-1952/asia-and-africa

This little primer from the USG is a good start if you'd like.

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/4283699?sid=21105116057231&uid=4&uid=3739832&uid=3739256&uid=2

This is about as good of a paper as you'll be likely to find in relation to Algeria that, check this, can be used for your own rhetorical benefit if you're creative enough!

http://lawpark.jimdo.com/2013/01/13/how-did-cold-war-rivalries-affect-european-decolonization/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIneff
Feb 7, 2006

BEEP BOOP BEEEEEP

davidb posted:

someone pointed at American healthcare system as to why american nationalistm is misplaced. i said theyd have to do better than that to sink nationalism(not economy) because were closing the gap on the healthcare situation. The healthcare doesnt have to be perfect it just has to be not nationalism sinking.

As to why americans spend more on healthcare than other countries...

Europeans walk more, drive less, eat healthier and go to the doctor less for small things

Americans do all the wrong things healthwise hence their more obese. They also go to doctors for every small itch, twitch, bump. Also hows americas immigration situation compared to other countries? because immigrants come, they swarm the ERs with all the ailments they left their country with

These are all things you're wrong about and have no real depth of understanding in regards to. I look forward to you providing more evidence for this shortly in the next few posts!

• Locked thread