Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bates
Jun 15, 2006

kapparomeo posted:

Any European who insists that he doesn't care about nationalism is a bare-faced liar. He only says it so that he can act snooty and stuck-up around Americans.
Different strokes. Lots of people up and leave their country in a heartbeat and then turn out to be perfectly happy or maybe even like it more there. Are Americans typically proud of the state they live in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
A lot of that is working and trading with totalitarian regimes. I suppose it's fair to criticize the US for doing so but the same is true of most other first world countries. The EU is happily trading with Vietnam for instance.

The Soviets literally had to wall their people in because they were leaving. Of course you're right more people are leaving now than when they couldn't leave.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

davidb posted:

Interesting. I didnt know any of that. I kinda figured we were getting better at killing.

So where we at on the death count 1960 to present?
edit: Ignore, can't read

• Locked thread