Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Don Lapre posted:

Please type in the word on page 5, paragraph 2, line 7, word 8 to continue posting

-eventually discover there are only like 20 different ones they ask, play the game enough that there's like a 1 in 3 chance you can answer the question from memory-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
*forgets to walk around the car in police quest before getting in for the first time, promptly crashes nad dies*

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Wirth1000 posted:

*forgets to walk around the car in police quest before getting in for the first time, promptly crashes nad dies*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7aF9m1EAEc

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lol @ losing the game because you didn't sit down for the briefing

what kind of fascist nazi police station is this

oh, wait

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Man, VGA police quest looked so much nicer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBwK3KRmHVA

I dont think its as good

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

leagues better than pq swat

what a turd

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

flakeloaf posted:

leagues better than pq swat

what a turd

PQ4 was the last one i played, it was so awesome cause of the "photo realistic" graphics and gore

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

knocking seems less intrusive than ringing the doorbell
hi detective cawey
you wanna comiiin

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

*altavistas doom 2 full version*

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
does this break thread rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mex-YfFZkE

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Valeyard posted:

its not really early ninties and more like late ninties but Caesar 3 was the poo poo

saw someone playing this on the train home the other day, nostalgia'd a little

Don Lapre posted:

Man, VGA police quest looked so much nicer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBwK3KRmHVA

I dont think its as good

i wish there was a modern police quest that reflected 2015 policing

"you shoot the biker, the resulting investigation is stonewalled by the police union, keep on truckin'!"

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

Forums Terrorist posted:

Hatred is back on steam greenlight

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Forums Terrorist posted:

saw someone playing this on the train home the other day, nostalgia'd a little

"you shoot the biker, the resulting investigation is stonewalled by the police union, keep on truckin'!"

lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

daft punk railroad posted:

Hatred is back on steam greenlight
weve come full circle

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

police quest 1, at least in its original 256K ega implementation, was hilariously absurd in terms of how childish it was (coupled with sierra boasting about how it was a super-serious crime drama for adults only)

- actually has possibly the fastest death in any sierra game from "new game" if you can type "strip" fast enough
- features drug-dealers calling each-other "butt breath" (this is the start of a drug deal going bad and about to escalate to murder, and was apparently the harshest insult sierra could come up with)
- you barge into a courtroom to prove a man isn't who he says he is. you do this by describing his tattoo which is just below his (tee-hee) nipple. and yes, the word "nipple" sends the entire courtroom into uproarious laughter in this game.
- has some of the most bullshit ways to "die" if you perform the slightest violation of police procedure. you insta-die if you don't do a full lap around your car before getting into it every time to ensure there's nothing there that will cause a flat, because if you forget to do it you automatically get a flat. you insta-die if you run a red light without your sirens being on (although the game lets you tap them on to cross an intersection so at least that part's realistic). driving is hard as gently caress and really easy to crash into poo poo which insta-kills you. you insta-die if you walk out of the locker room with a towel around your waist. and i'm pretty sure there's a bunch of other things i'm forgetting where the game just stops suddenly, chastises you for forgetting something, and then game overs you.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

PQ2 traveling was so much better

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Don Lapre posted:

PQ2 traveling was so much better

Cumbersome.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it's the early 90s and I'm reading choose your own adventure books from the school library because my family is poor.

Apr 7, 2003

As a Millennial I posted:

it's the early 90s and I'm reading choose your own adventure books from the school library because my family is poor.

It's actually 2015.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

i still have a bunch of library books i never returned to my elementary school eat poo poo ms. yip

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

It's actually 2015.

when you're a millennial, every day is 1993

Apr 7, 2003

when you're a millennial, every day is 1993

I'm a millennial, and that isn't true.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

kalstrams posted:

weev come full circle

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
it's 1993 and i just wanted to make tori post again

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
someone tell us about palying games of civ via email

Apr 7, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

it's 1993 and i just wanted to make tori post again

It's actually 2015.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

i can never get used to the new year, i'm still writing 1993 on all of my checks

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

daft punk railroad posted:

i can never get used to the new year, i'm still writing 1993 on all of my checks

the fact that you are writing checks at all is good evidence that it is, in fact, still 1993

Apr 7, 2003

Soricidus posted:

the fact that you are writing checks at all is good evidence that it is, in fact, still 1993

It's actually 2015.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Forums Terrorist posted:

on my desk is a copy of Police Quest IV: Open Season, a game written by former LAPD police chief Daryl F. Gates, the guy who invented SWAT teams, came up with DARE, and was in charge during the Rodney King beating and subsequent riots with a villain loosely based on Jeffrey Dahmer

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

on my desk is a copy of Police Quest IV: Open Season, a game written by former LAPD police chief Daryl F. Gates, the guy who invented SWAT teams, came up with DARE, and was in charge during the Rodney King beating and subsequent riots with a villain loosely based on Jeffrey Dahmer

you had me at "open season"

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

it is 1993 and i just pooped my pants

Apr 7, 2003

Forums Terrorist posted:

it is 1993 and i just pooped my pants

It's 2015 and you're still pooping your pants.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

it's 1993 and i just took a picture of pittsburgh i'm going to apply a black and white filter to

Apr 7, 2003

It's not 1993. it's 2015.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

im at the combination 1993 and 2015

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Soricidus posted:

could be worse. i have to literally deposit a physical paycheck at a bank every two weeks because my job does not do direct deposit

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

could be worse. i have to literally deposit a physical paycheck at a bank every two weeks because my job does not do direct deposit

itt it is now the early 80s and we are trying to make a game run on our microcomputer

*accidentally presses record instead of play and wipes the cassette*

Apr 7, 2003

Soricidus posted:

itt it is now the early 80s and we are trying to make a game run on our microcomputer

*accidentally presses record instead of play and wipes the cassette*

It isn't the early eighties. it's 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

It isn't the early eighties. it's 2015.

This is the dumbest ongoing mini-gimmick on the forums, congratulations

• Locked thread