Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Lol at the idiot above me who thinks it isn't 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
actually it's 1436, hth

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

Soricidus posted:

actually it's 1436, hth

It's actually 5775

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

平成27年 :japan:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Dominus Vobiscum posted:

It's actually 5775

good av. you can stay

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

Sagebrush posted:

This is the dumbest ongoing mini-gimmick on the forums, congratulations

actually,

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

*walks across the parking lot after work to join my friends working at Adobe to play Specter on their LAN with them for a couple hours*

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

could be worse. i have to literally deposit a physical paycheck at a bank every two weeks because my job does not do direct deposit

Deposit that poo poo with your smartphone

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i'd rather deposit my poo poo... right... here

:getin:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Kirk posted:

making boot floppies for specific games sucked and if ur nostalgic about that then I hope you wake up tomorrow with an irq conflict

Is that like when ur hungover and have to puke and have diarrhea at the time

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Soricidus posted:

itt it is now the early 80s and we are trying to make a game run on our microcomputer

*accidentally presses record instead of play and wipes the cassette*

lol if your game tape didn't have the write protect box pulled

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Luigi Thirty posted:

lol if your game tape didn't have the write protect box pulled

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
LOAD "*",8,1

aw yiss

ahmeni fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jan 23, 2015

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

what i saw, which worries me

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Sagebrush posted:

This is the dumbest ongoing mini-gimmick on the forums, congratulations

actually, it isn't

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

maniacdevnull posted:

actually, it isn't

fishmechin is a 1:1 process
a Wikipedia mirror of the soul

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
I miss box art and all the cool things they used to put in there like maps or elaborate copy protection.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

BooLoo posted:

I miss box art and all the cool things they used to put in there like maps or elaborate copy protection.

Same.

Well they still kinda do that there's days, but that's for idiots who buy the "Collectors Limited Edition" for double the retail price

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
It's not the same though, although I guess it's pandering to that exact nostalgia.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

BooLoo posted:

i miss the crazy loving box sizes like the tomb raider boxes or full throttle box and fallout 2 box

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i miss the big 11x14 boxes that were made of super heavy glossy cardboard and opened with a separate lid like christmas presents in the movies

i still have my simcity 2000 box on the shelf with the awesome illustration of the city and the alien spaceship that does not actually appear in the game

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Jeff Goldblum posted:

what i saw, which worries me

are you me because i literally saw that exact same thing when i looked at that picture. like wasn't paying attention and thought that was an emptyquote that you posted :catstare:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Sagebrush posted:

i miss the big 11x14 boxes that were made of super heavy glossy cardboard and opened with a separate lid like christmas presents in the movies

i still have my simcity 2000 box on the shelf with the awesome illustration of the city and the alien spaceship that does not actually appear in the game

I remember flying into NYC and realizing how like SimCity 2000 Manhattan looks from the air.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Don Lapre posted:

I remember the PC Magazine cover when the 120mhz pentium came out "We've broken the 100mhz barrier"

edit: Also it was AMD bitch

im the fastest cpu of all time, the amd athlon

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

BooLoo posted:

It's not the same though, although I guess it's pandering to that exact nostalgia.

The Ultimate Ultima 7 box I have weighs a ton due to the manuals for both the Part 1 and 2 of the game, as well as supplementary manuals for the add ons, maps for both games (which the Part 1 map went missing when borrowed to a friend, but for some reason I got the full walkthrough hint guide for Part 2 out of it) and other documents.

Found the UItima Underworld 2 box I brought back in 1994. Paid AU$99 for it back then :stare:

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

du -hast posted:

are you me

hope not because if i were to high five you for it we would probably tear open the fabric of spacetime just like in an early '90s computre game

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

As a Millennial I posted:

when you're a millennial, every day is 1993

i do like being a literal baby

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

computer parts posted:

i do like being a literal baby

same but a metaphorical baby

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Miley Virus posted:

same but a metaphorical baby

same but a hypothetical baby

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

im the smell that a giant crt and plastic tower had that isnt the same anymore

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Don Lapre posted:

I remember the PC Magazine cover when the 120mhz pentium came out "We've broken the 100mhz barrier"

edit: Also it was AMD bitch

i fuckin love maximum pc

gordon mah ung resigned last month tho which was pretty :smith:

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Vintersorg posted:

im the smell that a giant crt and plastic tower had that isnt the same anymore

this

i close my eyes at night and i see in-win s500s

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
the developers of incredible power died on their way to their home planet

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

As development for Wing Commander came to a close, the EMM386 memory manager the game used would give an exception when the user exited the game. It would print out a message similar to "EMM386 Memory manager error..." with additional information. The team could not isolate and fix the error and they needed to ship it as soon as possible. As a work-around, one of the game's programmers, Ken Demarest III, hex-edited the memory manager so it displayed a different message. Instead of the error message, it printed "Thank you for playing Wing Commander."

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

nice hosed up box characters

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

univbee posted:

"Thank you for playing Wing Commander."

that is glorious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Don Lapre posted:

Just run memmaker you loving lpb

They didn't loving have memmaker until loving DOS 6.0

• Locked thread