Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

A few years ago I found a Dekay's Brown Snake that was like a little 6" shoe lace in my building at work. It was late November so I don't know how such a little guy hatched so late in Upstate NY. I setup a 10g tank and really struggled getting him to eat. I finally got him to eat little pieces of bait worms and earth worms. He was so tiny. I got him through the winter and then when the weather was getting warm enough that I was starting to think about letting him go I found him dead in the tank one morning. I was gutted. No idea what might have got him other than something on the bait worms. In retrospect maybe I caused it by not letting him hibernate? I'd kept a Cali King for a couple years when I was younger and never messed with that so I didn't think it was necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

ArcMage posted:

As of this afternoon.

He's a nine inch noodle or so.

E: I don't actually know if it's a good sign that he's active. He most definitely knows I'm around, though, he streeeeeeeeeeeeetches out and makes faces at me.
:3:

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Dreqqus posted:

I've got a 12x12x24 exoterra. Any ideas for what to do with it? I thought about a crestie, but I know that's not big enough past the juvi stage. I used to keep loving terrariums with thumbnail dart frogs and I thought about that maybe? Anyway ideas are appreciated.

If I was ever going to get back into herps I would want to do Day Geckos. So cute.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

I took some pictures of some reptile friends at the National Zoo last year, and kind of forgot about them until recently. Is it cool if I post a few of them here? My current life circumstances don't allow me own any herps but I kept several as pets when I was younger.

This is a Mangrove Snake and they always make me think of Dagobah even though I'm pretty sure that was a California Kingsnake in the movie.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Very cool! I love kingsnakes.

I will proceed with subjecting you all to my vacation pictures from the Smithsonian Zoo! I didn't forget, just been a little busy lately.

E: This is a Day Gecko, but I'm not sure what kind.

Bulky Bartokomous fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Apr 28, 2024

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Fly River Turtle. I saw one of these in a pet store once and felt kind of gross about it.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Cowslips Warren posted:

i once took care of one of these, I named him Piggie. he was oddly cool and would follow me around the tank when I was cleaning outside it. gotta watch for the stabby bits though.

Herp Megathread 3: gotta watch out for the stabby bits though

AtomikKrab posted:

I had to go transport clients there for a trip thursday. I saw that turtle! Also the alligator snapping turtle was trying to bite through their tank to eat the small children staring at it.

Very cool. Also, good turtle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Zoom enhance!

Zoom enhance!

Taylor's Cantil.