Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
He's adorable!

This is Vicky, a Brazilian Rainbow Boa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
A very pretty kind of snake, for sure. While my husband has raised snakes before, this was my first reptilian companion. Surprising to see how derpy snakes can actually get.

Loving seeing the adorable reptiles on this page - so many cute little faces. :)

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Vicky likes to smear boogers on the glass sometimes. Before her, I never realized that snakes could get boogers, let alone wipe them on the glass like a kid brother on a road trip.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Movers came last Friday and they wouldn't take Elmore's tank with him in it (go figure). So I brought him to work. Got a cheap little terrarium with a 5W light that wasn't great but at least kept him from freezing for the couple of hours I was at the office. He was exceptionally happy to get back to his heat lamps though.

Pics from Take-Your-Lizard-to-Work Day:

I'd get nothing done, because I would want to include that little fella in every meeting. :kimchi:

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Looks like he's enjoying that little salad bar. :3:

Vicky is just being nosy.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
What a cutie! :3:

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
They're lovely! That's 3d12 of cuteness right there.

Vicky finally had a shed today, which also meant cleaning her tank and water bowl (which she uses as a toilet on occasion). File photo of a happy snake during night mode:

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer

Owlbear Camus posted:

Added some dimensionality to the enclosure with a little climby guy they are taking right to.

I'm not above bribing them to get them to explore the new piece of lizard furniture:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ-ZkbKUtkc

So hungry! And I dig the highly interested tabby in the background.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer

Khisanth Magus posted:

Just had to share the two baby Rosy boas that arrived today. They are adorable little things. They join my wife's collection of snakes, which at this point consists of 2 bull snakes, 2 corn snakes, a king snake, 2 pine snakes, and one older Rosy we rescued.

https://imgur.com/a/d91d35W

What adorable babies!

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Don't see any tarantula chat in here ever, so don't know if anyone cares, but here's a pic of my GBB, Gothmog, who just moulted. Well on the way to his/her adult colours, though still a good bit of growth to be done.

Brilliant color on that one! Gothmog is a fine name.

Vicky has been enjoying a nice holiday season.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer

Bored posted:

Is she still guarding her pee water while you’re trying to keep her home clean?

She stopped, we cleaned, and she's come to understand that my apron = cleaning, no matter what her mood. Adjusting her feeding schedule has brightened her mood considerably, too. Yesterday she slowly swallowed three mice. :)

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Looking around online, the only real thing mentioned is that younger ones tend to bite. If anyone else has input, I would love to know as well. These are some cute little ones!

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Probably a bad shed. Any other symptoms arise since then?

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer

Tenchrono posted:

I bought a weird juvenile potato the other day:

What a lovely potato! The yellow scales really pop with these snazzy stripes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
He's adorable, and that gaze merely hides his plans of conquering the table. ...soon...