Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CompactFanny
Oct 1, 2008

When I was around five, I found a teeeeeeeny tiny little frog in the yard outside (western PA, if someone knows what kind of frog this is?) and my dad helped me put together a little terrarium for him- a little plastic tub with a screen top, water bowl, some twigs and leaves and poo poo we found outside. I kept it in my room for a while- I'll have to ask my dad about the details, because we had him for a while and I guess someone had to be feeding him.

Long story short my sister (3 at the time) got into his tank and squeezed the life out of him. It scarred me for life. A few days later we got pet hamsters to stop the screaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompactFanny
Oct 1, 2008

She can dish it out but she can't take it

Eta content: I don't have any reptiles but I always read about them in these threads and if I ever had one, I would choose this: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpet_Python

I think they are beautiful. Anyone have personal carpet python experience?

CompactFanny fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Feb 13, 2015

CompactFanny
Oct 1, 2008

HungryMedusa posted:

I have carpets, been keeping them for 10 years. This year I am trying my first official pairing of jungle carpets, featuring this girl:

Oh my. This is what I'm talkin about. So pretty! :kimchi:
Thanks for the informative post! I'm gonna check out that book in the name of science.

CompactFanny
Oct 1, 2008

One of the herp people will be here shortly to talk about mbd probably, but that footless lizard is the saddest thing ever. Looks like they straight up fell off. :smith:

CompactFanny
Oct 1, 2008

Kids are such assholes. A pre-k class in a preschool I used to work at had a terrarium with 2 leopard geckos in it. The kids opened up the lid and dropped a wooden block on one, completely crushing its eyeball. No one did anything about it cause it's JUST A LIZARD LOL :fuckoff:

Edit autocorrect thinks it knows grammar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompactFanny
Oct 1, 2008

Poisonous vs venomous is a huge pet peeve of mine :argh: