Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer
My corn will climb inside clothes and go up sleeves, but that's just because it's winter and body heat is lovely. I'm not sure he actually understands that I'm an animal.

When he isn't being lazy it's pretty good fun to watch him wandering around the tank, though. I put a big piece of driftwood in there that I got from the local fishtank supply shop, and he'll climb on that and try to poke his nose against the screen lid because ??? snake reasons. He can also climb all the way up the exo-terra tank background and down the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer

HEY VAPER posted:

yay, my python came out! she's incredibly docile and playful, easily one of the most hands-on HERPS I've owned. About how long should I let her play around outside of her terrarium?

"she" is about 3ft long, still unsexed, and very active.

Also apparently my landlord snapped a photo inside my bedroom window of the enclosure and they're arguing that their "no pets" policy extends to contained animals. I'm not really worried about it though, I have security footage of the landlord taking said photo and I'm already building a lawsuit (for many many other reasons) for when my lease is up anyways~

Sorry about your dickhead landlord. I made sure to get written permission for my snake before I moved in, and they still tried to ding me on the pet policy last month when they were mad at me for unrelated reasons.

Actually, the 'so long as it's only one...' caveat on that permission is the main reason I'm not becoming a crazy herp lady right now. So many pretty snakes :3:

Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer

Hood Ornament posted:

He's periscoping. Totally normal.

Oh, there's a word for this! I always called it 'being a giraffe'.

Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer

happyflurple posted:

As is my wee corn snake, went to check on him when I got in from work and freaked out cos I couldn't see him in his tank or under the paper we're using as substrate so lifted the lid off and the little sod dropped into his tank. How do snakes DO that? Just chillin', defying gravity, average day for Pringle the corn snake.

Oh god, I had so many 'has he got out?!' scares with my corn when he was a snaby. And he still climbs the walls - these days I know he's doing it because I can hear the styrofoam tank decor creaking. I don't know what the attraction is, they're not arboreal in the wild are they? I've given him some artificial vines to assist him in exploring the tank's ceiling, anyway.