Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galactic
Mar 25, 2009

Planetary
Going to the Northern VA reptile expo tomorrow with my sights on another beardy and way to much money in my pocket. Has anyone here ever been to this show before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galactic
Mar 25, 2009

Planetary

Just picked this little guy up from the NoVA expo. Will get some more pics once he's settled in and eaten a bit. Super citrus x German giant they said, I just found him to be very pretty.

Galactic
Mar 25, 2009

Planetary
Couple of dubias later he has started scampering around his new home. I even picked him up for a bit.

Then Kola caught sight of him and was none to pleased. So I put him back before she stressed him out :(

I haven't had a juvenile in so long, it's crazy how much bigger Kola, my 2 year old female, is than him. Probably will pick a scale up so I can record his weight as he grows. Also is it normal for them to be this friendly? I don't remember my others crawling right into my hand at this age.

Galactic
Mar 25, 2009

Planetary
Bearded dragons are so loving goofy. Found this little guy doing barrel rolls in the corner or his tank.

Galactic
Mar 25, 2009

Planetary
I probably should have been more specific. He was jumping to grab the top of the screen, failing, and falling. He would flip back over and do it a few more times before running around some more. If he was just sitting there rolling around I would be concerned, but considering his appetite, alertness, and activity level, I doubt he is sick.

Galactic
Mar 25, 2009

Planetary
I once read about spaying bearded dragons, which seems like the worst idea ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galactic
Mar 25, 2009

Planetary
Bearded dragons show something that resembles affection, but it's more just a tolerance than anything else. They are to lazy to run away from you,so will just snuggle to get warm and comfy.

supermikhail posted:

drat, I'm so confused by those that climb up on people. There barely seems to be anything going on in that head, and a snake or lizard should naturally avoid a large animal like a human, but here it is. Makes me want to get into their heads with some heavy machinery, but Google seems to only get studies of the effect of snakes on people's brain function. :sigh:

Look up the study on bearded dragons learning to open doors, wish mine were that smart.