Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

There's no reason to be a bitch about someone asking perfectly legitimate questions

This is why nobody likes PI, they all think we're like you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Perfectly legitimate questions like "why is my dog making GBS threads blood, I don't want to go to a vet" and "what is the exact sound a 5 year old makes when a vinegaroon sprays him in the face in his garden full of wildlife?"

Someone asked a question about reptile ownership, in a thread about reptile ownership, and then was perfectly reasonable in their response

Unlike certain loving idiots I could mention!! (Hint: it's you)

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

If you can't think of a way out of this situation other than hyperbole and changing the subject, maybe you should just get the gently caress off the internet and back to whatever shithole you belong

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

That's pretty rich from somebody who had ferrets.

Do you even know how many animals you have, now?

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

More than you do because I dont live in a tiny lovely house with my mommy and no room :smug:

Oh look I'm being a twat on my high horse and ignoring my awful hoarder tendencies, boo loving hoo

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

AKA she just lives to troll everyone (fakepost) and have sex with her dogs (honestpost)

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Look you have to gently caress your dog to join PIFB. Even you did it so it's not like you can hold it against me.

Nope. Just you and your gross fetish.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

t think your post history speaks for itself. If there were any worthwhile loving mods on this place you would be banned forever so we didn't have to deal with your twattitude anymore, but alas.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Mocking Bird posted:

Against all odds you convinced a parent not to get an inappropriate pet, which they responded to with aplomb, and now you're throwing a fit?

Do you not believe in keeping animals as pets or something, only animal companions? Or do you believe that children are only torturers and not learners? Five is young, but there are plenty of respectful, gentle seven year olds that just want to care for their pet properly and be good herp-parents.

Sorry; completely skipped past your post, but THIS.

This is the correct response to OP's questions, not Fluffy Bunnies batshittery.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

You know what I'd do if they banned me? I'd re register because I'm not some poor who has to bow to mommy's will. Does she spank you when you're a bad girl, too? Or do you leave that up to your girlfriend?

:allears: There really is no low you won't sink to, is there? Anyone who isn't a straight white middle class boring bitch just isn't good enough, huh?

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Cless Alvein posted:

When the gently caress did you turn into such a huge raging oval office, Fluffy Bunnies?

She's been an utter bitch forever. I didn't like her before she joined PIFB, I don't like her posting her inane troll bullshit there, and I still don't loving like her now.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Pile of Kittens posted:

I heard about this really amazing CD called Through A Dog's Ear that is scientifically proven to make dogs more relaxed and less stressed out. Is there a similar product for snakes?

snakes don't have ears

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Hood Ornament posted:

I should probably put a disclaimer in the OP banning anyone who fucks animals or wants to gently caress other posters in this thread.

If all of PI had this rule, FB couldn't post anywhere

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

I'm getting my first reptile either this week or next - a lil crestie boy. :3: I got the setup yesterday, so making sure everything is hunky-dory then possibly picking him up on Saturday or Sunday.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

HungryMedusa posted:

Congrats, Fraction. Cresties are fun. My daughter's is adorable, but doesn't like me much. I mist her and feed her anyway. I love when they jump, it is hilarious.

And my GTP keeps looking prettier.

Tikka May 2015 2 by Hungrymedusa, on Flickr

That snake is amazing. :allears:

She (apparently) arrived yesterday, and is goddamn adorable. I've named her Electra.

Electra by straygiraffe, on Flickr

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

I'm all kinds of in love with this pretty gecko :3:

Electra by straygiraffe, on Flickr

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Crestie q: how do I know if Electra is enjoying tolerating being handled, as opposed to being stressed? I don't think she minds it but man reptiles are way harder to read than mammals.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Is she jumping around a lot: could be stress, could be too warm. Could just be here.

Is she firing up: stress or warm.

Is she biting you: that's stress or hunger.

Is she making GBS threads on you: she approves of your warm and has left a warm for you.

She usually just climbs/jumps up to my shoulder and then chills there for a bit. Her movement is pretty slow (cooler room temp than tank temp), but her jumps are fast. She doesn't really fire up while being handled her, but when I handle her at different times of day/different days she's usually different shades.

No poop yet. I'm also not 100% sure if she's eating, as I haven't seen her do at all.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Leperflesh posted:

Put a drop of honey on your fingertip and see if your crestie will lick it.

Also, you're feeding some kind of gecko diet, right? Put a small amount (a few drops maybe) into a very small dish (a bottlecap maybe) and, without moving fast to startle the gecko, hold it riiiiight under her nose. See if she'll lick it.

When I feed my geckos, the food is usually viscous enough that I can see lick-marks later. It's OK if the food is a bit more watery, since that keeps them hydrated, but it may also cut down on the scent a bit.

If you're concerned about eating, get an accurate gram scale and weigh her every other day for a couple of weeks. If she's not losing any weight, she's probably doing fine.

e. if you're feeding crickets, make sure they're no longer than the width of the gecko's head. A little smaller than that is best. Put them in when she's awake, and you will usually see a vigorous hunting response the instant she spots a cricket moving.

I'll try this tonight, thanks! I've been putting a bit too much water in I think (I'm feeding Repashy). I'll see if I can get a gecko weighin' scale from ebay or something.

I might get some crickets this weekend. Maybe. Idk they kind of terrify me and with only one gecko, it might be a waste?

Silver Nitrate posted:

I have to admit I had judgement about leopard geckos. I thought they were boring and kind of dumb pets. In reality they're loving adorable and are really feisty hunters. Please forgive me adorable gecko gods, these things are neat!

I've kinda always thought the same, but yours are so cute omg :3:

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

:siren: pissy gecko alert :siren:

DSC_8919 by straygiraffe, on Flickr

DSC_8928 by straygiraffe, on Flickr

DSC_8929 by straygiraffe, on Flickr

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Silver Nitrate posted:

With a smaller animal you can probably get a good scale at a headshop ;)

Ha, so I ordered a scale and... only her body fits on, not her tail. :v: I managed to convince her to stay still long enough to weigh her, and she's 0.81. Is that about normal? She'll be uhhhhh about four-five months I guess by now.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

I thought I lost Electra this morning.

I went in to feed her, couldn't find her in the plants, in her ship, or anything. I even looked behind the polystyrene wall and dug my fingers through the substrate in case she'd buried herself. I eventually gave up and started looking around the room (though there was no escape hole/route I could see) and my housemate just says 'oh, there she is.' She was downright camoflauged against the polystyrene wall, and was pissy that I'd upset her whole tank in trying to find her.

:argh:

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

:swoon: Electra :swoon:

DSC_0099 by straygiraffe, on Flickr

DSC_0106 by straygiraffe, on Flickr

DSC_0098 by straygiraffe, on Flickr

DSC_0096 by straygiraffe, on Flickr

DSC_0112 by straygiraffe, on Flickr

Having a bit of a problem getting/keeping my humidity levels down. I bought a hygrometer, and my readings are usually between 80-100%. For cresties it's app supposed to be the 60-80% range. I have three live plants and a handful (was two handfuls) of moss stuff in there, misted twice a day, temps usually around 20-23C. Thoughts?

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Mist once a day.

Permanently or just to let the levels drop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

I'll have to check re room humidity.

FWIW we haven't had the central heating on for a few months, and there's no air con here. The tank is the exo terra medium, with half of the mesh top open to the air and half of it covered by the bulb hood thingy.

Humidity seems to be down a little today after only misting once, so will keep an eye on that for a few days. I feel bad I didn't get a hygrometer before recently to check it, assumed it'd be all fine. Will a few weeks of too high humidity have done any damage?