Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoonyMcGoonface
Sep 11, 2001

Friends don't left friends do ECB
Dinosaur Gum
I've been tossing around the idea of getting a terrarium and some poison dart frogs, but I am a bit worried about two different things:

1. I am managing to (unintentionally) kill a peace lily plant which, from what I've heard, is somewhat of a hearty plant. So, I'm concerned about my ability to properly care for something in animalia, nevertheless something which I've heard has a tendency to keel over dead if you look at it too crossly. Plus, terrariums have plants too, and... well. Not going well for me so far.
2. I have a somewhat erratic schedule, and the room that they would live in is the one I use as my office. So the lights will be on, sometimes quite late, and with a highly varying schedule.

Should I abandon ship now, or should I continue researching?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoonyMcGoonface
Sep 11, 2001

Friends don't left friends do ECB
Dinosaur Gum

Cardiovorax posted:

Hey, does anyone here have personal experience with keeping jumping spiders as pets? I found this video on Youtube and it is quite interesting:

With how fast that thing jumps, and how it keeps pivoting to watch the person's face, I spent that entire video terrified it was going to suddenly just go for the eyes. Then when it ended without carnage, I was confused until I realized it wasn't liveleak, but youtube.