Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
What do your shelters look like? I've been considering volunteering at the shared humane society/city animal shelter kennels, but with around 25 dogs in one building, that's a lot of barking. You can tell all the dogs are stressing each other out too. Is this setup the norm or do people generally go about this in better ways?

I'll probably end up volunteering at the catteries, that place is always chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Ran out of dogs, huh? Congratulations, that doesn't sound like it happens often. How long do you think it will take for your shelter to fill up again?

I registered to attend a volunteer orientation this wednesday at my local humane society. I have a good bit of free time nowadays so why not, right? I guess I'll get to learn how this all goes down.

That Blue is adorable, by the way.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
As a volunteer at the humane society of a city of 88,000, I get exposed to basically zero animal drama. Today, though, one of my favorite cats came and sat on my lap for a while. I've never had that happen before. Usually they just sleep, run away, and occasionally can be bothered to get a treat I stuck 5 inches from their nose.

There is this one really fat cat with no tail that hates basically everything. It's all hissing, scratching, and murder stares from across the room with that one. The cat book says that she loves getting petted, likes certain other cats, and wants human attention. Yeah, right. The only way she's getting adopted is if some comically evil mob boss or global executive comes in and wants a cat as full of malice as they are. And I bet the only other cats she likes are the ones she thinks could double as a snack when no one's looking.

• Locked thread