Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best player in the dynasty?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 1 12.50%
Cletus 1 12.50%
Slywalker 1 12.50%
Texas A' Wreckus 0 0%
Diodeous 0 0%
Dubious 0 0%
JB 0 0%
CPU-Controlled Iowa 5 62.50%
Total: 8 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I took a steaming doodoo on Iowa, R2A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Ok, Cletus. Let's get to the bottom of this because it's not making any sense. Take a look at ATH Nick Johnson, and SS Rich Hart. You and I had the same amount of weekly bonus points for those players, and our visits are scheduled for weeks 13-14. The bonus points are attributed that are not stat/performance related (Program Tradition, Contender, Conference Prestige, etc).

WHY IN TGE EVERLOVING gently caress DID YOU GAIN 1000pts?!?! You've got to be cheating. There's no other way
:negative:

For this...I must break Dick Butt.

Week 6!

User Matchups:
#3 Michigan (Cletus) @ #1 Nebraska (JB)

CPU Games:
UCLA
Penn State
Michigan St
OSU
USC

I'm not waiting a week again for CPU games to played. We're advancing Wednesday night.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Hm. Maybe it has something to do with coming off of a bye week for some reason? I can't really tell - for Nick Johnson, from my perspective, you lost 1050 points. I've offered him a scholarship and you haven't (since he had me at 1st and you were probably hoping to wait). I have him in my #2 slot in my board. Other than those things, I don't know. And you are putting points into him I assume, right? I've got all 700 assigned to him. I've fully scouted him.

Ready when you are to play, too. ZSB and I are scheduled for 11am ET in the ACC, but I should be able to play around that - or tonight.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

Hm. Maybe it has something to do with coming off of a bye week for some reason? I can't really tell - for Nick Johnson, from my perspective, you lost 1050 points. I've offered him a scholarship and you haven't (since he had me at 1st and you were probably hoping to wait). I have him in my #2 slot in my board. Other than those things, I don't know. And you are putting points into him I assume, right? I've got all 700 assigned to him. I've fully scouted him.

Ready when you are to play, too. ZSB and I are scheduled for 11am ET in the ACC, but I should be able to play around that - or tonight.

Here's the thing: He's number one on my board, I've been putting 700pts into him every week, and a scholarship is only like an extra 50-100pts one-time only. Now you make a good point about the bye week, but have you not steady had one? Because if so you should've dropped behind considerably at one point.

Also, me losing 1000pts, you gaining 1000, means the same thing. That's semantical really.

E: Actually, the bye week theory is invalid because the same happened in the SEC where I just beat Dio. gently caress this game.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
I only only only recruit via the web. Same for you?

I don't get it either, now I'm trying to figure it all out.

USC, OSU - they fell by 1060. That's I guess my 700 points + my 360 bonus points. But those teams also both get a +360 bonus - unless they've completely stopped putting points into him or just removed him from their board (I guess in that case you stop getting those bonus points) - and that's probably likely with how far behind they were.

Bama fell by 650, but gets 410 bonus. That adds up to 1060, so that also makes sense because I'd guess Bama still is going after him.

So yeah, no idea why you dropped that much. That does seem strange to me. I don't know what numbers would even add up to 1050.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Nebraska over Michigan, 42-24. It's amazing how even in triple coverage Dick Butt still manage to come down with ball. Somehow I held him to 8 Rec 89YDS and a TD - I'll take it I guess lol.

Your defense really had no answer for my offense. Your sack and pick came on a broken play and risky throw on my part. Really wished my WR would've at least gone for the ball there.

Anyhow, GG.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
I am out of town until the 19th so you can AP me

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Nebraska over Michigan, 42-24. It's amazing how even in triple coverage Dick Butt still manage to come down with ball. Somehow I held him to 8 Rec 89YDS and a TD - I'll take it I guess lol.

Your defense really had no answer for my offense. Your sack and pick came on a broken play and risky throw on my part. Really wished my WR would've at least gone for the ball there.

Anyhow, GG.
GG. I was glad Dick Butt was able to at least get one TD. I figured you were going to do everything you could to keep him from scoring, so that was a small victory. Just couldn't afford those turnovers, your offense had the ball too much for me to try to get back in it.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

GG. I was glad Dick Butt was able to at least get one TD. I figured you were going to do everything you could to keep him from scoring, so that was a small victory. Just couldn't afford those turnovers, your offense had the ball too much for me to try to get back in it.

You ball hogged to him so much in the first drive it caught me by surprise. Sometimes when I'm in perfect coverage I start looking elsewhere because I'm thinking you're not gonna throw it - and you did lol.

Also, I've been trying to play more ball control and it typically works tremendously.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

John Brown posted:

You ball hogged to him so much in the first drive it caught me by surprise. Sometimes when I'm in perfect coverage I start looking elsewhere because I'm thinking you're not gonna throw it - and you did lol.

Also, I've been trying to play more ball control and it typically works tremendously.

MANBALL RUN ALL DOWNS EVERY DOWN.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're advancing tomorrow night - don't take a loss to the CPU when you can super sim your defensive possessions.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious, can you get your game in tonight?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Dubious, can you get your game in tonight?

yea, i can take care of it in just a few actually.

E: R2A

Ran for like 200 yards and 4 TDs with my QB, went 6/14 for a pick in a torrential downpour where everything was dropped, heh. I'm talking the frustrating kind of poo poo where the WR comes down with it, secures it, then it just plops out like a greased pig

Dubious fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Feb 12, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Advanced to Week 7!

Michigan State lost their sim but somehow stayed at #16, so yay?

User Matchup:
#8 Penn State (Wreckus) @ #1 Nebraska (JB)

CPU Games:
Michigan
OSU
USC

Byes:
UCLA
Michigan St.

Let's try for a Sunday night advance since there's only one user game. Wreckus, I can play either tonight or maybe Friday night. I'd definitely prefer tonight around 9-10pm CT.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wreckus, I should be able to play at any time tonight.

Just give me a heads up because I'll be on a quick run at some point.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Even weirder is that I played that game and reported the results

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

John Brown posted:

Wreckus, I should be able to play at any time tonight.

Just give me a heads up because I'll be on a quick run at some point.

Im on tonight, can play whenever

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Im on tonight, can play whenever

Sorry, I forgot! How late will you be on?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Double post: I'm gonna be free around noon. Let me know if you want to try again.

Late edit: Sorry dude it's gonna be more like 1-2pm CT. I'm slammed with work and running errands.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 14, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I realized I won't play a person until almost week 10 it looks like.

OSU over Alabama 40 something to 6. Both HBs over 100, and got 3 picks.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wreckus, I'm off on Monday and will be available at any time.

Also, there's a chance I can play later tonight around 11pm CT. If you can also I'll look for you online.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Nebraska over Penn St., 52-17. What is with this obsession you guys have with TEs?

Anyway, we're at Week 8!

User Matchups:
#6 UCLA (dubious) @ #13 Mich St (Dio)

CPU Games:
Michigan
Penn State

Byes:
USC
OSU
Nebraska

Let's try to advance by Wednesday since there are so many byes.

E: Omg USC lost to CPU Iowa.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 17, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Dio I have great availability tomorrow afternoon to lose my user game this season!

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
Now that's just silly.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I won't be home til evening of Wednesday

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

I won't be home til evening of Wednesday

Completely forgot about that. We can wait until Friday then.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Nebraska over Penn St., 52-17. What is with this obsession you guys have with TEs?
I thought it was just me, and I've only become a TE fiend because of Dick Butt. (but because of him, I've started trying out my TEs in other dynasties more just because of the success I've been having here)

#7 Michigan over Rutgers, 73-10.

I've flipped over to my backup QB these last two games, seems to be working great. QB Brown goes 34/42, 500 yards, 7 TDs. No turnovers. Dick Butt with 5 of those TDs with 354 yards on 22 receptions. 5 turnovers by Rutgers, coupled with another 6 sacks by Taco (9 total team sacks in the game). Getting the most out of Dick and Taco before they're gone after this season.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Tight Ends in this game are just like Madden: always open on vertical routes and slants. Guaranteed almost everytime and the only real good way to shut that down is to be really good at usering a fast LB or a safety to jump tbeir route.

Its even worse in Madden 15.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I keep trying to use the TE more, but have not been able to replicate the success others have seen. I tend to lose sight of them as the 2nd or 3rd read.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

Tight Ends in this game are just like Madden: always open on vertical routes and slants. Guaranteed almost everytime and the only real good way to shut that down is to be really good at usering a fast LB or a safety to jump their route.

Its even worse in Madden 15.

Eh it's really 50/50 on vertical jump balls. There have been times when I am able to shield them from the ball and pick it off - then there are times when I get mossed.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Dubious, can we schedule a game for Friday night or is that no good for you? I've got limited availability til the weekend, but even then its kind of spotty other than Friday

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious, you are now on AP. Dio has my permission to play the game or it will be simmed tonight.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Lol i didnt even get a chance to post since his post yesterday. I can play tonight, as he suggested friday was his best day.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I can start as early as 5pm est and as late as 8:45 pm est. Does that work for you at all? I can't go much later than that since its Friday night and I don't want to stay in

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Diodeous posted:

I can start as early as 5pm est and as late as 8:45 pm est. Does that work for you at all? I can't go much later than that since its Friday night and I don't want to stay in

Tough window- i dont get home until about 5 pst. I will see if i can duck out of the office early today (manager is gone).

Forgot you were an east coaster!

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yeah, sorry my schedule is kind of limited but my gf would be pissed if I schedule one too late tonight

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

Lol i didnt even get a chance to post since his post yesterday. I can play tonight, as he suggested friday was his best day.

Sorry. The reasoning was you hadn't responded to his post on the 17th and two days had passed since.

I'm willing to wait until Sunday night, but only if you guys can guarantee to play by then. I'd hate to wait until that time and then you guys end up not playing.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 20, 2015

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

If we can't work it out by then, I'm fine going AP or taking a sim. I know my schedule is a large impediment

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Diodeous posted:

If we can't work it out by then, I'm fine going AP or taking a sim. I know my schedule is a large impediment

I'm gonna try my hardest to get out of here early. I have a few deliverables I'd need to wrap up so I can head into the weekend and not bring my laptop with. If I can't make your window, we should just let the EA gods figure it out because neither of us were easily available when we each posted, and that's probably the most fair solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll keep an eye on the thread during the time-frame I posted earlier, hopefully we can get this done

• Locked thread