Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best player in the dynasty?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 1 12.50%
Cletus 1 12.50%
Slywalker 1 12.50%
Texas A' Wreckus 0 0%
Diodeous 0 0%
Dubious 0 0%
JB 0 0%
CPU-Controlled Iowa 5 62.50%
Total: 8 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Servers were still down for me this morning. No bueno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Diodeous posted:

Servers were still down for me this morning. No bueno
Weird - I saw when you were online, and I was submitting Position Changes at that time to another dynasty with no problems.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Weird, I couldn't upload changes to SEC

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

cletus is the only man with working servers lol can't do poo poo right now for me either.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Mine is hosed too.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Leave it to yours truly to figure it out. Try deleting the game and then installing it again. Also, restart your modem and router. If that doesn't work then we're done. Everything is working fine for me though.

We've advanced!

Final Rankings
#1 OSU 14-0
#2 Nebraska 13-1
#4 UCLA 10-3
#5 Michigan 11-2
#9 Michigan St. 9-4
#12 USC 9-4
#19 Penn St. 8-5

Award Winners
Dick Butt TE Michigan - Heisman, Maxwell, Walter Camp and Mackey Awards
T. Charlton LE Michigan - Bednarik, Nagurski, and Lombardi Awards
J. Green C OSU - Outland and Rimington Awards
M. Mitchell MLB OSU - Best LB Award
B. White QB Nebraska - O'Brien Award
T. Newby HB Nebraska - Walker Award
E. Rogers FS Nebraska - Thorpe Award
J. Bryant K Nebraska - Groza Award
C. Manning P Michigan - Guy Award
A. Rucker HB Nebraska - Best Returner Award

All American B1G Honors

First Team All Americans
HB - D. Wilson OSU
HB - T. Newby Nebraska
WR - J. Mosley Nebraska
TE - Dick Butt Michigan
LT - D. Knevel Nebraska
C - J. Green OSU
RG - C. Fox Michigan
RG - C. Ferwerda OSU
RT - D. Dockery Nebraska
LE - T. Charlton Michigan
LE - L. Nichols OSU
DT - D. Munger OSU
DT - M. Collins Nebraska
LOLB - M. Newby Nebraska
MLB - M. Mitchell OSU
ROLB - J. Bandera Nebraska
CB - J. Marshall OSU
CB - E. Apple OSU
FS - E. Rogers Nebraska
SS - T. Dixon Nebraska
P - C. Manning Michigan
RS - A. Rucker Nebraska

Second Team All Americans
QB - B. White Nebraska
HB - E. Elliott OSU
TE - C. Carter Nebraska
LT - E. lisle OSU
LG - E. White OSU
C - B. Baker Nebraska
RE - W. Roberson Nebraska
RE - J. Bosa OSU
DT - K. Bigelow USC
DT - M. Evans Nebraska
LOLB - C. Worley OSU
MLB - D. Preston Nebraska
CB - T. West Nebraska
CB - M. Rowe OSU
FS - V. Bell OSU
SS - J. Thompson OSU
K - J. Wilson OSU

Freshman All Americans
WR - M. Montegomery Nebraska
C - M. Kendrick USC
RT - M. Dixon USC
RE - J. Bennett USC
DT - D. Ford Nebraska
CB - M. Burton Nebraska
CB - T. Hall Michigan
FS - J. Mullins Michigan
SS - W. Dickson Michigan
RS - A. Rucker Nebraska

All American Breakdown By School
Nebraska - 20
OSU - 17
Michigan - 7
USC - 4
Michigan St. - 0
UCLA - 0
Penn St. - 0

Players of the Year
B1G OPOTY - D, Butt Michigan
B1G DPOTY - T. Charlton Michigan

We're now at Players Leaving! Considering the recent server issues you have until Tuesday night before we advance (assuming my suggestion works for all). After that we will advance in 24-hr intervals up until Redshirt and Recruiting.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 12, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Michigan r2a

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Yea I can't get it to work on my 360 and the web interface doesn't work anymore either.

Looks like that's all she wrote, thanks for the fun! If anyone has PS4s and plays Madden, there's a bunch of goons kickin around there.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

What everyone else? Are you guys still having trouble?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I can't access it from the web either I'll check my console when I get home

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I can't do my position changes from the console or the web. If you guys have suggestions, please let me know. I've restarted my router and modem, but no luck. I'm willing to deal with it if I can't make the position changes, but I can't I lose like 5 highly rated players who are starters

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're not at Position Changes - we're at Players Leaving.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

You know I smoke a lot of weed, so you know it was just a mistake, but I still can't upload the results

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Web recruiting just started working for me again tonight. Hadn't had any luck with it in a week.

edit - I had two sophomores (R) that were planning on leaving for the draft. That would have sucked if I couldn't convince them to stay!

I am losing my 98 HB, 98 QB, 98 K, 97 HB, 96 RG, 96 TE, 95 LE, 95 CB, 94 MLB, 93 WR, 92 DT, and 91 DT. (and an 88 LOLB and 80 WR) Yikes. All but 4 of those to the draft, 4 projected in round 1. loving Dick Butt is projected round 2. No justice.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 14, 2015

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
Can't do online, I'll try with the console tonight.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

You know I smoke a lot of weed, so you know it was just a mistake, but I still can't upload the results

Sorry I was half asleep when I wrote that and assumed you were confused.

I'm going to wait until the SEC advances to see if that fixes things. If not then gg.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I still can't really access the servers, but advance it again and see what happens

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I was just able to advance the league after restarting my gear. We're at Offseason Recruiting!

Let me know if you guys are having trouble.

E: Recruiting worked seamlessly as well.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
USC ready to put this horrible season behind me.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan r2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Yup won't let me upload any changes again in any of the dynasties. I really don't know whats up, but this may be the time we feared would come.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dio and Wreckus, any luck?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll try again when I get home from work

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Yup won't let me upload any changes again in any of the dynasties. I really don't know whats up, but this may be the time we feared would come.
Also through the website? I did my recruiting through the web this time. It hadn't worked for me on the web in over a week.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Also through the website? I did my recruiting through the web this time. It hadn't worked for me on the web in over a week.

I've never used the web interface for fear of it loving up like it used in prior times; it would apply points you didn't approve or execute visits & scholarships without asking you, or it'd delete people from your board that you'd looked at, then it wouldn't register in the actual online dynasty. This franchise has had so many half assed components integrated into it, so many of them never worked as intended.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Yet, it's miles ahead of Madden in year 3 of connected franchise.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I've never used the web interface for fear of it loving up like it used in prior times; it would apply points you didn't approve or execute visits & scholarships without asking you, or it'd delete people from your board that you'd looked at, then it wouldn't register in the actual online dynasty. This franchise has had so many half assed components integrated into it, so many of them never worked as intended.
You know to always turn off all the CPU recruiting assistance first right?

(that's also where you can sign up for the Email Alerts when things happen, which surprisingly continues to work fine)

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 16, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

You know to always turn off all the CPU recruiting assistance first right?

(that's also where you can sign up for the Email Alerts when things happen, which surprisingly continues to work fine)

Im noting that once upon a time it ignored that stuff and acted with a mind of its own which is why I haven't ever used it for that purpose since they introduced it. Not that it did that now, only that I haven't tried doing so in my attempts to avoid it loving with me.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

This is certainly a long shot, but would anyone be interested in a Big 12 or Pac 12 dynasty lol? Maybe a new dynasty will not have this issue?

John Brown fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 16, 2015

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm game for it

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I would definitely do it. Ideally just with those of us who plan on playing until the game absolutely won't work anymore and are fairly active.

I don't really want to lose out on my monster recruiting classes from the past 2-3 seasons though. I am eager to see how they develop. I think I've had close to 10 5* recruits for the last 3 seasons each, and at least 85% of them (pulling that out of my rear end) scouted well enough to be huge threats eventually. I would just really like to find out how crazy my team needs to be for me to finally pressure JB in a game.

However, I'm guessing this is PROBABLY related to the server issues:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/569095-unable-finish-accepting-online-dynasty-invite.html

I dunno if they tried setting a password and just letting the guys try to join on their own though.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Recruiting from the web is still hosed for me no matter what device I use or what internet source, so I really doubt port forwarding will make my console work unless recruiting from the web is just permanently hosed. I won't get the chance to set up port forwarding tonight but I'll try again with my console when I get a chance (probably tomorrow)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

Recruiting from the web is still hosed for me no matter what device I use or what internet source, so I really doubt port forwarding will make my console work unless recruiting from the web is just permanently hosed. I won't get the chance to set up port forwarding tonight but I'll try again with my console when I get a chance (probably tomorrow)
I wouldn't bother. I've had more issues too, so I don't think that's a solution. It seems like sometimes poo poo is just working. Maybe they are restarting the servers, it works for a while, then gets overloaded and crashes again until they notice.

Things do seem better lately though, I'd just try in-game and see what happens.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm going to set up a Big 12 dynasty later this evening. I'll post the teams and give everyone a couple of days to sign up. If we still have issues then I'm officially done.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Which roster are you going to use? I'm thinking of taking TAMU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

2013 named rosters unless someone has a more current version. And I will be taking Baylor if this works out.

E: Cletus, I didn't ignore your previous post. I too don't want to lose the powerhouse I've built, but a league without ZSB is no league at all. I'd rather start over if it fixes all the issues. Also, your buddies from the SEC could join.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

E: Cletus, I didn't ignore your previous post. I too don't want to lose the powerhouse I've built, but a league without ZSB is no league at all. I'd rather start over if it fixes all the issues. Also, your buddies from the SEC could join.
Yeah, agreed, I would definitely rather play than not play.

You can start the new one without deleting this one, right? So if things started working fine again, we could keep playing this one too if we wanted?

Also, there are rosters up for this upcoming season already on OpSports. I think it's under the same tag as last year's - "Call Me LSU" I think. I know it's not complete, but looks like they've got the major conferences. No idea if it's good, though.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I don't think care about which rosters we use as long as they're not as bad as what we used in the SEC.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

I don't think care about which rosters we use as long as they're not as bad as what we used in the SEC.
Can the game just randomize the rosters with all fake names and ratings? Or would it just give fake names to all the players while keeping whatever the game's "base ratings" were for each player at launch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Those were the same rosters as sec

• Locked thread