Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best player in the dynasty?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 1 12.50%
Cletus 1 12.50%
Slywalker 1 12.50%
Texas A' Wreckus 0 0%
Diodeous 0 0%
Dubious 0 0%
JB 0 0%
CPU-Controlled Iowa 5 62.50%
Total: 8 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I will try and find time this week for us to play, but no lie, I'm super busy and unavailable again this weekend. We will figure something out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I will try and find time this week for us to play, but no lie, I'm super busy and unavailable again this weekend. We will figure something out.

I'm off this Friday so I can play at any time that day, but the earlier the better. I could even stay up late on Thursday, or wake up super early on Friday if necessary.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

I'm off this Friday so I can play at any time that day, but the earlier the better. I could even stay up late on Thursday, or wake up super early on Friday if necessary.

I'm leaving town Thursday night and won't be back till Monday night sooooo. I'm not sure when this happens this week sorry. Possibly late tonight?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm leaving town Thursday night and won't be back till Monday night sooooo. I'm not sure when this happens this week sorry. Possibly late tonight?

How late are you thinking? I might just have to take one for the team and be zombie.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

How late are you thinking? I might just have to take one for the team and be zombie.

Like 11 CT?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm having dinner with a friend tonight so if that ends in a timely manner then I'll be on.

Honestly, we'll just have to play it by ear. I'll let you know asap but they likely won't happen until it's near time to play.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

I'm having dinner with a friend tonight so if that ends in a timely manner then I'll be on.

Honestly, we'll just have to play it by ear. I'll let you know asap but they likely won't happen until it's near time to play.

All good, I'm just really short on time the next few weeks, but I'm not giving up a title shot for a sim or an AP if it can be avoided.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

How late can you play tonight?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

How late can you play tonight?

I could stretch the start time till 1145 if that's any help midnight absolute latest.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Obviously I couldn't make it.

What about Wednesday night?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Obviously I couldn't make it.

What about Wednesday night?

I guess I need to make time tonight for 2 games, although my fiance won't be happy about it. If we can play earlier that might be better.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I guess I need to make time tonight for 2 games, although my fiance won't be happy about it. If we can play earlier that might be better.

What's the alternative to playing tonight?

And sorry about last night! My girl was having a lovely day - amongst other bullshit.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

What's the alternative to playing tonight?

And sorry about last night! My girl was having a lovely day - amongst other bullshit.

My girl had a poo poo day on Monday so that tanked that day for me I feel ya.

So basically if we can't play tonight I won't be really able to play until next Tuesday. I fly out tomorrow afternoon and won't be back until late monday night. Which is a long delay, but with work etc this has just gotten to be a really busy window right now.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

My girl had a poo poo day on Monday so that tanked that day for me I feel ya.

So basically if we can't play tonight I won't be really able to play until next Tuesday. I fly out tomorrow afternoon and won't be back until late monday night. Which is a long delay, but with work etc this has just gotten to be a really busy window right now.

Well if you want to put yourself in that position then we can play tonight. I should be home by 6pm and can play at any time.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Well if you want to put yourself in that position then we can play tonight. I should be home by 6pm and can play at any time.

She may have work to do so it may work out okay. But yeah we'll try and get it in early so if I have to play Dio later I can have a break in between them.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Work ran over a bit so I won't make it home until 6:45.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Work ran over a bit so I won't make it home until 6:45.

sounds good. ill watch for you around then.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

What the gently caress was up with my run D? That was one of the performances I can remember.

Congrats ZSB!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

What the gently caress was up with my run D? That was one of the performances I can remember.

Congrats ZSB!

As always you commit hard with the safety, it's always my goal to break some big plays also my HBs are crazy at breaking tackles. That first Elliot Run woof. I've never seen the fumble at the goal line before, this game was full of crazy plays. With 6 turnovers it felt like I should have won by more, but you kept it tight until I took out both your starting and back up QB at which point I felt p good about holding on.

First B1G Title! Finally!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

As always you commit hard with the safety, it's always my goal to break some big plays also my HBs are crazy at breaking tackles. That first Elliot Run woof. I've never seen the fumble at the goal line before, this game was full of crazy plays. With 6 turnovers it felt like I should have won by more, but you kept it tight until I took out both your starting and back up QB at which point I felt p good about holding on.

First B1G Title! Finally!

Usually I'm in the right place when I do commit - it's just making the tackle that's difficult. And, yeah, after that run I knew I was in trouble.

We're at Bowl Season!

Everyone has a game.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
hot drat I ended the season at #3 :getin:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

hot drat I ended the season at #3 :getin:

Get ready to be #2 after I demolish Clemson in the BCSNCG (please wait on me so I don't lose TITLES to a sim)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Michigan wins the Outback Bowl over Ole Miss, 63-14.

Heisman Winner DICK BUTT gives 3 final magic moments before graduating:

Starting QB Brown's only play of the game, also Michigan's first play of the game (after the actual first play of the game was an Ole Miss interception)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIKZiqLIrTg

Freshman QB Thomas' first game (he was behind backup senior QB Morris - starting QB Brown is a junior), Dick Butt holds onto it tight to give Thomas his first TD (and only passing TD, though he rushed for 2 more)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-RKOWPaZdA

A rare Dick Butt fumble off of an even-rarer (and crazy) Dick Butt ragdoll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZu4p4Ot5AA

I'll miss you, Dick Butt.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
the rest of the dynasty will not miss Dick Butt!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

A rare Dick Butt fumble off of an even-rarer (and crazy) Dick Butt ragdoll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZu4p4Ot5AA

I'll miss you, Dick Butt.

Dick Butt was not much of a threat to me. And DAYUUM did he get jacked up.

Z, I still can't believe you ran all over my stud D. That was some Kancho vs NC State type poo poo.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Dick Butt was not much of a threat to me. And DAYUUM did he get jacked up.

Z, I still can't believe you ran all over my stud D. That was some Kancho vs NC State type poo poo.

Both my HBs and my QB are 99 OVR and just studly, I ran over EVERYONE this season so don't feel too bad. I knew I just had to stay committed to it after Elliot broke like 6 tackles on his way to a 50 yard run, because you stonewalled me 3 and out on my first drive. Wilson wasn't as much of a power runner, but once your guys tired out a bit is when he really took off running away from folks. I didn't look at the stats, but I'm guessing my QBs YPC were absolutely silly.

I'm more impressed I got you to turn it over 6 times because it honestly felt like I wasn't getting consistent pressure, just seemed like when I did I got a FF or an INT. Your HB was the first guy to go over 100 yards on me this season I think if you'd stuck to running the ball a bit more it might have turned out differently, he was going for 7-10 yards a pop through the first 3 quarters. I really questioned choosing to pass from 4 wide at the 3 yard line following that sack near the end of the first half. It cost you at least 1 point and could have cost you more if you hadn't broken up my pass into the end zone.

I got lucky that your QBs all went down otherwise this would have ended a 1 score game, it was the only thing that let me stretch my lead in the 4th quarter. It only took 5 seasons, but the team finally performed to the level it needed to and I still gave up 400+ yards to you haha

OMG that dickbutt ragdoll may be the most amazing thing ive seen this game do.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 2, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Both my HBs and my QB are 99 OVR and just studly, I ran over EVERYONE this season so don't feel too bad. I knew I just had to stay committed to it after Elliot broke like 6 tackles on his way to a 50 yard run, because you stonewalled me 3 and out on my first drive. Wilson wasn't as much of a power runner, but once your guys tired out a bit is when he really took off running away from folks. I didn't look at the stats, but I'm guessing my QBs YPC were absolutely silly.

I'm more impressed I got you to turn it over 6 times because it honestly felt like I wasn't getting consistent pressure, just seemed like when I did I got a FF or an INT. Your HB was the first guy to go over 100 yards on me this season I think if you'd stuck to running the ball a bit more it might have turned out differently, he was going for 7-10 yards a pop through the first 3 quarters. I really questioned choosing to pass from 4 wide at the 3 yard line following that sack near the end of the first half. It cost you at least 1 point and could have cost you more if you hadn't broken up my pass into the end zone.

I got lucky that your QBs all went down otherwise this would have ended a 1 score game, it was the only thing that let me stretch my lead in the 4th quarter. It only took 5 seasons, but the team finally performed to the level it needed to and I still gave up 400+ yards to you haha

OMG that dickbutt ragdoll may be the most amazing thing ive seen this game do.

What was amazing about that run by Elliot is I ALWAYS play with conservative tackling and my defense is pretty great. That goaline fumble was some Jerome Bettis Steelers/Colts AFC Championship poo poo. Newby had never fumbled until that play, and my QB had never fumbled from a sack as well. I can't recall that play you're speaking of but I do remember there was a play where I threw a pick after breaking off your DL in the endzone. Is that the play you're talking about? Also, my offense was pretty balanced until I was down a couple of scores early in the 4th. I figured at that point it was a race against time.

What's even more funny about the QB situation is I pulled my 3rd QB out of redshirt just for him to come in, throw a pick, and then cross the LOS on the following 4th down attempt lol.

E: Here's the play that fumble reminds me of...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUcDGLHCOi4

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
Don't wait for me, I'm just waiting for the end of the season.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Im gonna play my bowl game at some point today

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

Dubious posted:

Im gonna play my bowl game at some point today

Same here

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Natl Champs R2A

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'll advance us at some point tonight. Keep in mind that once we move into the offseason we will have 24hr advances up until Redshirt and Recruiting.

Also, if you'd like to change your coaching skills then now is the time to speak up.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
My XBL expires on May 1st and I wont be renewing it, so i'm AP after that. Had some fun games but losing steam on internet football in general right now, and paying for XBL just to get in a user game every few weeks isn't good value.

Let's hope EA can work something out with the NCAA and we can get games on next gen in the future.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

This uploading glitch just might be the kill shot. I didn't realize it would be so meticulous. It even prevents you from scouting recruits.

Let's see how this plays out over the weekend.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
Upload glitch?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Things have been working better since the other day. It did take me a while to advance the SEC (kept having to re-upload the file, only to get Retry Now - eventually I rebooted my 360 and the next try it worked fine). Not having any trouble reporting recruiting changes/etc though in other dynasties now. (just still doesn't seem to work via the website, only in-game)

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I couldn't upload anything which ruined my chances at playing in the SEC. Can't do any recruiting and I'm assuming it won't upload game results as well so this could be the death knell... :smith:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
so EA Bullshit is the kill shot?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
It's been fine for me lately from within the game - I was able to advance the SEC on Wednesday after a few tries, and recruiting/position changes are now going through without any prompts to Retry Now.

If you're still having trouble, maybe actually try recycling your modem/router. When I was trying to figure things out on Tuesday, I feel like I was seeing that the upload to the EA server was getting blocked by my router's firewall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Always worth a shot.

• Locked thread