Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best player in the dynasty?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 1 12.50%
Cletus 1 12.50%
Slywalker 1 12.50%
Texas A' Wreckus 0 0%
Diodeous 0 0%
Dubious 0 0%
JB 0 0%
CPU-Controlled Iowa 5 62.50%
Total: 8 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

DYNASTY RULES

1) I will be the first truly cruel commissioner of this era. There's not an actual timetable that I have in mind, because I am human and realize that every situation isn't always the same. However, if you have a CPU game I expect that poo poo to be played by no longer than 72hrs(excluding extraordinary circumstances of course). I don't care if you sim plays to see that it's done. The rate at which we advance will be very arbitrary and to my preference.

2) Please communicate in the thread on a regular basis. It takes but a minute to post about your schedule or any problems you're having in the dynasty.

3) Don't play like a jerk: nano blitzes, 24/7 no-huddle, putting speed WRs at TE(w/o officially changing his position), or in memory of my dear friend Bio - changing a CB to QB, ya know, poo poo like that. I'm not gonna get more specific then that so use your brain. If you have to think twice about it then you probably shouldn't do it in the first place.

4) You can reset CPU games as much as necessary to get the win. Please, no rage quitting against other users, and let's not destroy a user team that isn't available to play for that week. Just do enough to get the win.

CONFERENCE SETUP
We will be using schools from both the BigTen and Pac12 conferences, but consolidating them all under the B1G due to loss of players. This means that anyone joining after the season has started will have to choose a B1G team this season, but can switch to a PAC team(if desired) during the next off-season. Looks like we're to the Wild West as everyone will be shooting for a spot in the B1G CG, and possibly the Rose Bowl.

BigTen
East
Michigan - cletus42o, GT: cletus42o
Michigan State - Diodeous, GT: BenedictWong
Ohio State - Notorious ZSB, GT: JDMTyte
Penn State - Texas A. Wreckus, GT: QuickDrawQuincy

West
Nebraska - John Brown, GT: True Cryme
UCLA - Dubious, GT: Dubious28SS
USC - Slywalker13, GT: Slywalker13

SETTINGS
Difficulty - All American; Recruiting is at Varisty
Quarters - 6 minutes
No QB Quiz, Ice the Kicker is On, Home Field Advantage is on.

Dynasty Name: SASBigTenPac12
Password: Goonball4eva

In short, don't be a dick and pay attention to the thread you bastards. So without further ado, let's get to it!

Big 12
OU - Dubious; GT: Dubious28SS
OSU
Texas
TTech
TCU - Diodeous; GT: BenedictWong
Baylor - John Brown; GT: True Cryme
K state
Kansas
WVU
Iowa State

John Brown fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Welcome to Season 5!

Everyone has a CPU game so let's try to advance by Tuesday night.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

So I wasn't having a good day yesterday and decided to take it out on the CPU. Also, my freshman HB is pretty much Devin Hester so good luck with that. In my first attempt to play the game he returned the opening kickoff, and then another punt. I accidentally quit the game by pausing it one second before the game was actually finished, and didn't realize I wasn't at the expected menu. Anyway, in the follow up attempt he and my defense absolutely exploded.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious and Z, do you guys need more time?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Week 2!

UCLA beat Maryland in the sim but lost its Center for 4 weeks.

User Matchups:
#3 USC (Slywalker) @ #6 Michigan (cletus)

CPU Games:
Mich St.
UCLA
Penn St
OSU

Let's aim for a Saturday or Sunday advance.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Nebraska gives no fucks about your team.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

Dick Butt is so powerful.

We'll see how about this come week 6.

ZSB, seeing as we're only waiting on you we'll definitely advance tomorrow - maybe in the afternoon. Just let me know when you plan on playing so it doesn't get simmed.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Week 3!

User Matchups:
#9 Penn State (Wreckus) @ #6 USC (Sly)

CPU Games:
Michigan
UCLA
Nebraska

Byes:
OSU
Mich St.

I think this week's advance will really be determined by the one user game. Wreckus and Sly, get to it.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

No. Fucks. Given.

Nebraska makes SCe go night-night laying it on em' 111-7. If it wasn't for a CPU glitch where my CB went full retard with the ball in the air then I would've shut them out.

The best part about all of this is the time my backups are getting. I tend to take out my starters when they reach any of the following: 3 INTs, 3 Sacks, 200 rush yds/3 TDs, 300 pass yds/4 TDs, 200 rec yds or 3 TDs.

My freshman HB has now returned 5 punts in 3 games. This is the team Miami was meant to be.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Haha I meant to throw in a blurb about how it probably doesn't mean much but it feels good to get my first shutouts back-to-back.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wreckus, you will unfortunately be put on AP if you don't respond by tonight.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're advancing Tuesday night.

Work it out amongst yourselves.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The game will be simmed. Sorry, but I don't want to hold up the league for one user game. I'm advancing us now. Someone can post the games or I will when I get home from work.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Double Post:

Everyone has a CPU game.

USC beat Penn State in the sim, but UCLA lost to loving Rutgers and their poo poo roster.

Let's aim for a Saturday advance.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 27, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

John Brown posted:

Double Post:

Everyone has a CPU game.

USC beat Penn State in the sim, but UCLA lost to loving Rutgers and their poo poo roster.

Let's aim for a Saturday advance.

:)

E: This is what 3 hours of sleep does to you.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Yeah...that is EA magic at its best. Rutgers' roster is pretty bad.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Ummm...we made that clear a while ago.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dio, after Dubious' loss to Rutgers last week I'm a bit hesitant to sim your game against Minnesota. How soon can you get it in?

John Brown fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 31, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I don't necessarily need to, but what I don't want is to wait until tomorrow, and the game still ends up getting simmed because you can't get to it. If within the next couple of hours you can guarantee you'll knock out tomorrow, I'll wait. Otherwise it's getting simmed.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Cool.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

Woke up early so I played my game

I'm gonna advance us, and iirc, we play both here and in the SEC. Want to try and knock one out or are you done for the day?

E: Advanced to Week 5!

User Matchups:
#1 Nebraska (JB) @ #15 Mich St (Dio)

CPU Games:
UCLA
USC
Wisconsin

Byes:
Michigan
OSU

Let's try to advance by Wednesday. Cletus, you somehow gained 500 pts on that SS recruit without a visit. This game is so broken.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 1, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

Can we aim for Tuesday evening or night?

Yea. Can you do 6pm CT? I may or may not have something come up later that night.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

Yes. I'll be home from 5pm EST until about 9pm EST.

By the way, are we gonna play both our games then or just the B1G?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

I just had something come up for Tuesday. Does Wednesday work at all for you?

As of right now, yes. Are we going to try and knock out both games?

Slywalker13 posted:

I'm out of town until Thursday is my game a conference one? If not I'll take a sim.

Not only are you matched up against NU, but no one else has played their CPU games, so we might be in for a later advance.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

Yes, I can do both tomorrow evening if you can

If things stay the way they are now then yes, I'll be able to play both.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'll try to be on as early as I can then.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Unless you can play now let's stick with 6pm tomorrow.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

drat dude I ran over at work. Sorry!

I'll be home by 6:30.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Nebraska over MSU, 24-16. Not a bad game overall, but nothing too exciting either.

Get those CPU games in.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're advancing Saturday night.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

Don't hold up on my account, in fact I am about to go out of town for two weeks so I'd vote for an advance (and sim) tonight so I can do a user game (if I have that next week) tomorrow.

You have Minnesota next week. I'd be more concerned with the game against NU you have this week.

We'll still advance Saturday night.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

John Brown posted:

Byes:
Michigan
OSU

So uhh Zach...you actually have a CPU game.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Ok, Cletus. Let's get to the bottom of this because it's not making any sense. Take a look at ATH Nick Johnson, and SS Rich Hart. You and I had the same amount of weekly bonus points for those players, and our visits are scheduled for weeks 13-14. The bonus points are attributed that are not stat/performance related (Program Tradition, Contender, Conference Prestige, etc).

WHY IN TGE EVERLOVING gently caress DID YOU GAIN 1000pts?!?! You've got to be cheating. There's no other way
:negative:

For this...I must break Dick Butt.

Week 6!

User Matchups:
#3 Michigan (Cletus) @ #1 Nebraska (JB)

CPU Games:
UCLA
Penn State
Michigan St
OSU
USC

I'm not waiting a week again for CPU games to played. We're advancing Wednesday night.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

Hm. Maybe it has something to do with coming off of a bye week for some reason? I can't really tell - for Nick Johnson, from my perspective, you lost 1050 points. I've offered him a scholarship and you haven't (since he had me at 1st and you were probably hoping to wait). I have him in my #2 slot in my board. Other than those things, I don't know. And you are putting points into him I assume, right? I've got all 700 assigned to him. I've fully scouted him.

Ready when you are to play, too. ZSB and I are scheduled for 11am ET in the ACC, but I should be able to play around that - or tonight.

Here's the thing: He's number one on my board, I've been putting 700pts into him every week, and a scholarship is only like an extra 50-100pts one-time only. Now you make a good point about the bye week, but have you not steady had one? Because if so you should've dropped behind considerably at one point.

Also, me losing 1000pts, you gaining 1000, means the same thing. That's semantical really.

E: Actually, the bye week theory is invalid because the same happened in the SEC where I just beat Dio. gently caress this game.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Nebraska over Michigan, 42-24. It's amazing how even in triple coverage Dick Butt still manage to come down with ball. Somehow I held him to 8 Rec 89YDS and a TD - I'll take it I guess lol.

Your defense really had no answer for my offense. Your sack and pick came on a broken play and risky throw on my part. Really wished my WR would've at least gone for the ball there.

Anyhow, GG.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

GG. I was glad Dick Butt was able to at least get one TD. I figured you were going to do everything you could to keep him from scoring, so that was a small victory. Just couldn't afford those turnovers, your offense had the ball too much for me to try to get back in it.

You ball hogged to him so much in the first drive it caught me by surprise. Sometimes when I'm in perfect coverage I start looking elsewhere because I'm thinking you're not gonna throw it - and you did lol.

Also, I've been trying to play more ball control and it typically works tremendously.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're advancing tomorrow night - don't take a loss to the CPU when you can super sim your defensive possessions.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious, can you get your game in tonight?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Advanced to Week 7!

Michigan State lost their sim but somehow stayed at #16, so yay?

User Matchup:
#8 Penn State (Wreckus) @ #1 Nebraska (JB)

CPU Games:
Michigan
OSU
USC

Byes:
UCLA
Michigan St.

Let's try for a Sunday night advance since there's only one user game. Wreckus, I can play either tonight or maybe Friday night. I'd definitely prefer tonight around 9-10pm CT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wreckus, I should be able to play at any time tonight.

Just give me a heads up because I'll be on a quick run at some point.

• Locked thread