Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best player in the dynasty?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 1 12.50%
Cletus 1 12.50%
Slywalker 1 12.50%
Texas A' Wreckus 0 0%
Diodeous 0 0%
Dubious 0 0%
JB 0 0%
CPU-Controlled Iowa 5 62.50%
Total: 8 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Michigan r2a

I didn't have a 105-0 insane blow-out game (holy crap dude, 3 punt return TDs?), but Michigan beats Colorado 63-10.

Dick Butt is back and better than ever, along with his defensive counterpart, "Big Steak" Taco Charlton. Dick Butt got 253 yards with 6 TD receptions off of just 13 catches, and Taco tied the single-game sack record with 6 sacks with a forced fumble along the way.

Glad to see Nebraska on the schedule - looking forward to trying out my team against you. Looks like I'm one of the lucky ones with 5 user games.

And just cause I love these insta-commits:

cletus42o posted:

4 5* insta-commits OH YEAHHH

#1 DE (+1 to 81 OVR)
#1 CB (+1 to 79 OVR)
#12 ATH (+5 to 81 OVR)
#15 ATH (+2 to 76 OVR)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Sly, unfortunately I don't have any plans to be working from home the rest of this week. I'll let you know if that changes. What are your available times Thurs/Fri just in case?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Usual times for me noon to 3pm EST.
So actually, I just found out I've been scheduled for an early morning conference call tomorrow that I'll have to take from home - so I think I will end up working the day from home.

If we could plan on trying to start as close to noon ET as possible, that'd be great. (assuming I'm able to do it - I'll let you know ahead of time of course if it falls through) That way I may still be able to head into the office after our game if I need to.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Sly, I'll definitely be available tomorrow. It's not a huge deal after all if it's close to noon for me, but if you could let me know ahead of time when you expect to be on that'd be great so I can make sure I keep my schedule open.

And please continue to give no fucks about my team JB. I don't know if I will ever be able to defeat you before EA shuts us down, but certainly taking me lightly gives me a better chance. :)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

so if the kid has a good day I can play at noon, if not I am on kid duty when I get home. If you can bump it to 1330 Eastern I should be able to play no matter what.
We can definitely just plan on 1:30pm Eastern, but I've got my 360 logged in and it's right next to my computer desk so if you want to knock it out sooner, I should see the pop-up when you log in and can let you know if I'm available. As far as I can tell, I'll be free from noon onwards for sure.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
#6 Michigan over #3 USC, 34-28.

Really tight game. We were going back and forth for the most part until Michigan came up with an interception in the second half. Michigan went up 31-21, USC fired right back and made it 31-28, but Michigan recovered the onsides kick and was able to hold onto the ball and close the final second of the game with a field goal to end it up by 6.

Luckily was able to figure out a way to keep Isaac's rushing attack to a minimum.

Dick Butt had 1 TD on 10 receptions and 154 yards, but Michigan's star player in the game was Deveon Smith who rushed for 127 yards and 3 TDs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6MELXfscTU

Dick Butt is so powerful. He made his TD catch on the next play.

GG Sly! Always a close one when we battle it out in this dynasty.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Don't worry, I play with no XP as Georgia Tech in the ACC and it's been that way for I think at least four seasons so far. I still get some decent recruits somehow. Only pulled one big upset against a user, but it's still fun trying.

Your OC/DC will still earn XP at least!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hm. Maybe it has something to do with coming off of a bye week for some reason? I can't really tell - for Nick Johnson, from my perspective, you lost 1050 points. I've offered him a scholarship and you haven't (since he had me at 1st and you were probably hoping to wait). I have him in my #2 slot in my board. Other than those things, I don't know. And you are putting points into him I assume, right? I've got all 700 assigned to him. I've fully scouted him.

Ready when you are to play, too. ZSB and I are scheduled for 11am ET in the ACC, but I should be able to play around that - or tonight.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I only only only recruit via the web. Same for you?

I don't get it either, now I'm trying to figure it all out.

USC, OSU - they fell by 1060. That's I guess my 700 points + my 360 bonus points. But those teams also both get a +360 bonus - unless they've completely stopped putting points into him or just removed him from their board (I guess in that case you stop getting those bonus points) - and that's probably likely with how far behind they were.

Bama fell by 650, but gets 410 bonus. That adds up to 1060, so that also makes sense because I'd guess Bama still is going after him.

So yeah, no idea why you dropped that much. That does seem strange to me. I don't know what numbers would even add up to 1050.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Nebraska over Michigan, 42-24. It's amazing how even in triple coverage Dick Butt still manage to come down with ball. Somehow I held him to 8 Rec 89YDS and a TD - I'll take it I guess lol.

Your defense really had no answer for my offense. Your sack and pick came on a broken play and risky throw on my part. Really wished my WR would've at least gone for the ball there.

Anyhow, GG.
GG. I was glad Dick Butt was able to at least get one TD. I figured you were going to do everything you could to keep him from scoring, so that was a small victory. Just couldn't afford those turnovers, your offense had the ball too much for me to try to get back in it.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Nebraska over Penn St., 52-17. What is with this obsession you guys have with TEs?
I thought it was just me, and I've only become a TE fiend because of Dick Butt. (but because of him, I've started trying out my TEs in other dynasties more just because of the success I've been having here)

#7 Michigan over Rutgers, 73-10.

I've flipped over to my backup QB these last two games, seems to be working great. QB Brown goes 34/42, 500 yards, 7 TDs. No turnovers. Dick Butt with 5 of those TDs with 354 yards on 22 receptions. 5 turnovers by Rutgers, coupled with another 6 sacks by Taco (9 total team sacks in the game). Getting the most out of Dick and Taco before they're gone after this season.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Dio, when can you play?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan over Michigan State, 41-14.

Unfortunately Michigan State turned the ball over 4 times, and my HBs were either just plowing through or getting some incredible blocks allowing for some pretty long TD runs. Dick Butt did get 2 TD passes early on, but it was definitely the running game combined with the turnovers that caused the big score differential.

Dio had some really great QB running plays that I couldn't find an answer for, but the turnovers (and his starting QB getting injured for the game fairly early on, but the backup was no slouch) made those tough to keep running later on in the game.

GG Dio!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Wreckus, pretty sure we play next - any idea when you'll be available?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Wreckus, lemme know when you're ready for Dick Butt. Snow day tomorrow it looks like and will probably also be home all day Friday. Free tonight too.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
#5 Michigan just gets by #8 Penn St, 31-28.

It was really tight, Penn St had the lead going into the half. Michigan quickly tied it up, and then was able to get their first lead of the game after an untimely interception (after what was looking like a near-perfect passing game for Penn St up to that point).

Haven't done videos in a while, so why not.

First possession by Michigan, KR TD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHeJ26lx2hQ

Dick Butt ties for career TDs (really wanted to get another one but couldn't):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTY_G7VbPS8

QB option rushing TD with some spinning poo poo by QB Brown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffoq-KarmMM

And the play that made it so close, I wanted to challenge it, but the game wouldn't let me. I think he was throwing it forward, you decide!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZquW49GQTxM

Great game Wreckus!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I've still got the #1 5* MLB coming my way. And the #1 OLB if I can hold ND back (I scheduled his visit too soon thinking I'd lock him up).

I'll lock it up after those two. Well, I'm going to try to keep this one gem away from JB if I can, but other than that, I'm good. :)

(I am losing a lot of my big talents after this season, so I gotta stay strong)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan r2a and get through this upcoming bye week for THE GAME with ZSB, which I believe will decide our division.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Hey look I played a game! Man, what happened to Stanford did they forget to recruit?
It doesn't look like your game registered. :(

JB and I are still the only ones showing that we have played.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Wreckus, lemme know if you've got time Sunday man otherwise I'll prb just knock this out when I get a chance and I really prefer to play you. This looks like one of your better teams.
Yeah he gave me my toughest game outside of my loss to JB. I'd be interested in the results if you two can play heading into week 14.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

#3 Michigan (cletus) @ #1 OSU (ZSB)
Alright ZSB, when do you want to decide our division?

I think my wife is going to class tonight (she's getting back from a trip to India today, said she has to go, but it's possible she'll change her mind). Just lemme know what evenings would work for you!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Maybe later tonight depending on when my fiance falls asleep, otherwise let's shoot for tomorrow night I guess. I'll look for you online tonight 1030 CT+ is about the earliest i can get on knowing her.
Okay, well that'll be after my wife gets back from class, so PROBABLY won't work out tonight. She may be passing out though as soon as she gets home, though, so we'll see. If I can play, I'll be online.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I'm gonna be on for a bit so hit me up if you can play.
Yeah I thought about crawling out of bed after my wife was asleep but I ended up going to sleep early myself.

For tonight, would you only be available after 10:30pm CT? I can try to make that work.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I can try and get on earlier, that just tends to be when my fiance dozes off on the couch. She's not much a fan, but tolerates me playing games so I try and be considerate about doing it once she's asleep.
Okay, I should be good to play tonight. I'd definitely prefer to get started before 10:30pm CT if possible just so I'm not up too late, but I should still be around.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

OSU won this game 70-53. Invert our SEC game and here you have it. Also 2 INTs on the same route, one for 6 and there is the final margin. Also holding Michigan to a FG before the half to go in up 28-24 and getting the ball to start the 2nd half.
Your HBs are insane! After the first quarter or so I resigned myself to knowing you'd be able to score on every possession.

I even tried to take your advice to yourself and play more conservatively after that first pick, but ended up having to punt, and then you got the pick 6 after I knew I had to go all out. It was exciting, though - I managed to get 2 2pt conversions (thought I had that 3rd one too but didn't make the cut in time) and an onside recovery, but then threw that final pick on a play I don't think I had called yet in the game that sealed it. Even if I had scored there, I didn't have much of a chance, but I felt like I was getting some momentum and maybe had about a 5% chance of tying it up if I gotten that TD. In between the 2nd and 3rd picks I was getting down the field and scoring pretty quickly (but so were you, all the way through), but it was too little too late. I wasn't going to give up though.

GG!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan wins the Outback Bowl over Ole Miss, 63-14.

Heisman Winner DICK BUTT gives 3 final magic moments before graduating:

Starting QB Brown's only play of the game, also Michigan's first play of the game (after the actual first play of the game was an Ole Miss interception)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIKZiqLIrTg

Freshman QB Thomas' first game (he was behind backup senior QB Morris - starting QB Brown is a junior), Dick Butt holds onto it tight to give Thomas his first TD (and only passing TD, though he rushed for 2 more)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-RKOWPaZdA

A rare Dick Butt fumble off of an even-rarer (and crazy) Dick Butt ragdoll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZu4p4Ot5AA

I'll miss you, Dick Butt.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Things have been working better since the other day. It did take me a while to advance the SEC (kept having to re-upload the file, only to get Retry Now - eventually I rebooted my 360 and the next try it worked fine). Not having any trouble reporting recruiting changes/etc though in other dynasties now. (just still doesn't seem to work via the website, only in-game)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
It's been fine for me lately from within the game - I was able to advance the SEC on Wednesday after a few tries, and recruiting/position changes are now going through without any prompts to Retry Now.

If you're still having trouble, maybe actually try recycling your modem/router. When I was trying to figure things out on Tuesday, I feel like I was seeing that the upload to the EA server was getting blocked by my router's firewall.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

Servers were still down for me this morning. No bueno
Weird - I saw when you were online, and I was submitting Position Changes at that time to another dynasty with no problems.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan r2a

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Web recruiting just started working for me again tonight. Hadn't had any luck with it in a week.

edit - I had two sophomores (R) that were planning on leaving for the draft. That would have sucked if I couldn't convince them to stay!

I am losing my 98 HB, 98 QB, 98 K, 97 HB, 96 RG, 96 TE, 95 LE, 95 CB, 94 MLB, 93 WR, 92 DT, and 91 DT. (and an 88 LOLB and 80 WR) Yikes. All but 4 of those to the draft, 4 projected in round 1. loving Dick Butt is projected round 2. No justice.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 14, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan r2a

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Yup won't let me upload any changes again in any of the dynasties. I really don't know whats up, but this may be the time we feared would come.
Also through the website? I did my recruiting through the web this time. It hadn't worked for me on the web in over a week.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I've never used the web interface for fear of it loving up like it used in prior times; it would apply points you didn't approve or execute visits & scholarships without asking you, or it'd delete people from your board that you'd looked at, then it wouldn't register in the actual online dynasty. This franchise has had so many half assed components integrated into it, so many of them never worked as intended.
You know to always turn off all the CPU recruiting assistance first right?

(that's also where you can sign up for the Email Alerts when things happen, which surprisingly continues to work fine)

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 16, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I would definitely do it. Ideally just with those of us who plan on playing until the game absolutely won't work anymore and are fairly active.

I don't really want to lose out on my monster recruiting classes from the past 2-3 seasons though. I am eager to see how they develop. I think I've had close to 10 5* recruits for the last 3 seasons each, and at least 85% of them (pulling that out of my rear end) scouted well enough to be huge threats eventually. I would just really like to find out how crazy my team needs to be for me to finally pressure JB in a game.

However, I'm guessing this is PROBABLY related to the server issues:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/569095-unable-finish-accepting-online-dynasty-invite.html

I dunno if they tried setting a password and just letting the guys try to join on their own though.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

Recruiting from the web is still hosed for me no matter what device I use or what internet source, so I really doubt port forwarding will make my console work unless recruiting from the web is just permanently hosed. I won't get the chance to set up port forwarding tonight but I'll try again with my console when I get a chance (probably tomorrow)
I wouldn't bother. I've had more issues too, so I don't think that's a solution. It seems like sometimes poo poo is just working. Maybe they are restarting the servers, it works for a while, then gets overloaded and crashes again until they notice.

Things do seem better lately though, I'd just try in-game and see what happens.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

E: Cletus, I didn't ignore your previous post. I too don't want to lose the powerhouse I've built, but a league without ZSB is no league at all. I'd rather start over if it fixes all the issues. Also, your buddies from the SEC could join.
Yeah, agreed, I would definitely rather play than not play.

You can start the new one without deleting this one, right? So if things started working fine again, we could keep playing this one too if we wanted?

Also, there are rosters up for this upcoming season already on OpSports. I think it's under the same tag as last year's - "Call Me LSU" I think. I know it's not complete, but looks like they've got the major conferences. No idea if it's good, though.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

I don't think care about which rosters we use as long as they're not as bad as what we used in the SEC.
Can the game just randomize the rosters with all fake names and ratings? Or would it just give fake names to all the players while keeping whatever the game's "base ratings" were for each player at launch?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I was able to get my Position Changes done from inside the game. (wasn't loading on web but I didn't try much)

Michigan r2a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I just successfully played a user game in another dynasty.

• Locked thread