Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Computer Opponent
Nov 29, 2002

Nothing's gonna ever keep ya down!
I rolled my 97 Yamaha VMAX last week and smashed the windshield. So I borrowed my buddy's much newer and much faster AC Firecat, and now I get snowmobiling.

If anybody in the Western New York area is interested in a 77 SnoJet 440 restoration project, let me know. I already did the part of the restoration where you take it all apart and lose interest in it, so it's like you're half-done!

Be advised: the SnoJet is currently buried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Computer Opponent
Nov 29, 2002

Valfar posted:

Man I love snowmobiles. But unfortunately I live in Norway where's it's really restricted where you can ride, making it nearly impossible. It's been ten years since I've ridden one now. The last sled I rode was my cousins Mountain Cat 600, which was way faster than anything I had ridden before, and it was a blast! Last year he suddenly got a Polaris after being a Arctic Cat man for over a decade, should go visit him soon...

I live in New York, and despite being total dildos about every other type of off-road vehicle, it embraces the HELL out of snowmobiling. I live on an island, and there's something like 20 miles of clearly marked and well-groomed trail on it. And not just in the woods. It goes along the river, through a state park, past a Tim Hortons and a few bars, through a few residential areas. It's nice.

Computer Opponent
Nov 29, 2002

Modus Man posted:

My grandpa had a stable of old snowmobiles when I was a kid, I always rode the Sno Jet 440. At 20 years old it was the newest machine in the barn and was running more often than not. As a teenage boy I thought it was fast as hell. Looking it up now I see it made a whopping 11 horsepower and had a top speed of 57 mph, plenty fast for a kid. It looked a lot like this one except way more beat up from me riding it through thick woods at rather dangerous speeds. I haven't been on a snowmobile since then I'm sure a modern one would be mind blowing in comparison.

It's been a decade since I rode my SnoJet, but I remember it being a decent enough ride. If I can't find somebody to take it out of my driveway, I'll probably end up pulling the motor and selling the rest for scrap. Aluminum spikes every now and then. I just hate the idea of scrapping something old and fixable.

Maybe I can make a drift trike with the motor.

• Locked thread