Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dallas-Fort Worth area up inside of this bee-yotch, and I consider myself somewhat of a gamer. Heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Y-Hat posted:

i don't like observing Texas from afar but i've never been. should i come visit

There are some cool things to see in Texas. Stick to the big cities, avoid El Paso if you're white and you should be good. Fort Worth is a mix of agriculture industry and big city, Dallas is business central, Houston is a sprawling Mega City, San Antonio is a nifty cultural area, especially if you're a history buff. People like to give Austin all the credit in the world, but it's a pretty smug city with some of the worst traffic I've ever seen in state, and its "weirdness" may not be your thing. Also, its weirdness is offset by being the seat of Texas government.

I love the state. The people are far from perfect, it takes forever to travel through the state, and country music is abundant. That said, it's got something for everyone if you're willing to find it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Y-Hat posted:

i've heard Houston is good. is it still smoggy hell

It's been a few years since I've been, but I remember before moving to Dallas that Houston was starting to get really serious about fighting smog. It's probably still bad, but if you've ever seen LA I imagine it's about 1/10th the smog that hellhole sees.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Welcome to Texas business central. Make dat paper, yo.

• Locked thread